Fairview Health Services is seeking an Advanced Practice Nurse Leader for the Pediatric Critical Care Unit on the West Bank of the University of Minnesota Medical Center. This is an opportunity to join a forward thinking team with hours ranging from 48-72 every two weeks, based upon the needs of the candidate.
The right person will be passionate about pediatrics, energetic and detail oriented, and be looking for a team of similar individuals. The Advance Practice Nurse Leader (APNL) - Pediatrics Critical Care demonstrates expert knowledge and skill in this specialty patient population. The APNL leads work, processes, and people to design, develop, implement and evaluate innovative, evidence-based interventions and best practices to optimize safety, quality and cost-effectiveness. The APNL generates and evaluates evidence for practice through partnership with nurses and other members of the inter-professional team and demonstrates professional leadership in work at the patient, microsystem and macrosystem levels.
The University of Minnesota Medical Center offers an academic setting on the cutting edge of care and a high risk population. This environment is ideal for someone who is commited to learning and best practices.
Patient Care and Evaluation of Clinical Practice
- Evaluates care of the patient/population against professional standards and evidence.
- Analyzes proposed practice initiatives to establish effects on safety, effectiveness and efficacy.
- Designs, implements and evaluates practice and outcomes.
- Acquires and analyzes data from multiple sources to guide design of practice changes.
- Disseminates findings from evidence−based practice and research to improve healthcare outcomes.
- Collaborates in the development of clear guidelines, performance standards, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to diverse organizational cultures and populations, including patients and providers.
- Provides consultation on the care delivery for complex patients/family situations.
- Employs consultative and leadership skills within and among professional teams.
- Creates an environment to improve capacity for learning and adaptation to change.
- Provides consultation in development of patient/family education materials.
- Communicates findings to key stakeholders and follows up with others to ensure closed loop communication.
- Promotes competency, excellence in professional and clinical practice and collaborative working relationships across the continuum of care.
- Participates in and/or leads the development and review of policies and procedures across the continuum of care.
- Leads quality and safety monitors, improves and evaluates nursing sensitive indicators and other clinical quality metrics to improve clinical performance.
- Performs assessments and designs plans to meet regulatory requirements related to nursing practice.
- Builds effective teams by including key stakeholders within and across departments, sites, service lines and populations.
- Supports the clinical and professional development of colleagues through precepting, mentoring, and role modeling.
- Participates in staff development and professional education supporting nurse continuing competence.
- Acquires, analyzes, plans, disseminates and implements evidence-based practice into clinical environment to promote best practices.
- Initiates, facilitates, and/or participates in research activities or quality improvement activities.
- Acts as primary or co-investigator on IRB approved research teams.
- Applies ethical principles when analyzing and assisting with concerns or issues.
- Prescriptive Authority and Treatment (as defined by population and role)
- Prescribes evidenced-based treatments, therapies, and procedures considering the patients’ healthcare needs.
- Prescribe pharmacologic agents, as appropriate for role and state law
- Masters degree in Nursing
- 3 or more years of nursing experience
- Current MN RN License
- Licensed in Minnesota as an Advanced Practice RN (CNS, NP, CRNA, CNM)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice or Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing or Doctor of Nursing Science
- 6 or more years Nursing experience
- 1 year or more APRN experience
- Certification in Specialty