Location Name: Salt Lake City, UT
Job/Requisition ID: 54543
Location Address: 474 West 900 North, Salt Lake City, UT, United States (US), 84103
Education Level: Master's Required
Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
Position is responsible for the provision and management of occupational health services within a petroleum refinery for Marathon Petroleum employees. The incumbent will possess the ability to interact and collaborate with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders to prevent and manage injuries and illnesses and to promote health, wellness, productivity and safety in the refinery working population. This will be accomplished by implementing programs and managing health services directed towards workers, as well as engaging in the clinical evaluation and treatment of injuries and illnesses.
- Oversees and maintains the onsite Occupational Health Clinic. Administers and maintains the policies, programs, and procedures of the clinic consistent with the company's general policies concerning medical services as defined by Corporate Health Services (CHS). Oversees procurement of necessary facility’s equipment and supplies to operate the clinic safely and effectively.
- Manages and supervises all clinic staff personnel, including nurses, medical assistants, medical technicians, EMTs, paramedics and/or administrative assistants. Mentors all health care professionals and other staff personnel in the delivery of appropriate and professional clinical services.
- Evaluates and treats injured and ill employees and provides emergency medical management and treatment for all injured workers.
- With the assistance of other clinic staff, performs variety of worker clinical evaluations including, but not limited to, medical surveillance examinations, worker fitness-for-duty examinations, pre-assignment/pre-placement examinations, return-to-work, etc. Reports examination activities to local management and to Corporate Health Services.
- Undertakes and oversees provision of specialty services such as drug and alcohol testing, medical screening, travel medicine consultations and immunizations, etc.
- Cooperates with Corporate Health Services in implementation of health education and wellness programming relevant to the refinery worker population and administers the delivery of those programs and activities at the local level.
- Provides all clinical activities under the direction of the Corporate Medical Director (CMD) and the local supervising physician and in accordance with applicable laws governing state licensure and national certification. Participates in weekly conference calls organized by CHS and/or the local supervising physician to discuss clinical cases and clinic managerial issues. Participates in frequent site visits by CHS and/or the local supervising physician. Participates in the implementation of clinical protocols and guidelines to be used during the provision of clinical services. Cooperates with CHS to implement policies which create uniformity, consistency and quality assurance in the delivery of clinical care within and between company refineries.
- Maintains a system of confidential medical records consistent with sound medical ethics while maintaining compliance with government regulations such as OSHA, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Enforces procedures for preserving confidentiality, while allowing access to those with a bona fide need to know.
- Coordinates and leads medical effort during medical emergencies. Supports refinery 1st response personnel during medical emergencies and provides advanced medical care and treatment. Serves as the liaison between the company and the local medical community. Is available during regular and non-business hours to assist with the plant's emergency response effort.
- Provides case management by procuring medical information to facilitate decisions relative to sick leave eligibility, return to work and placement questions. Assists in the management of workers compensation cases. Develops and maintains program to effectively monitor the status of absent employees due to illness or injury.
- Remains current and informed on regulatory issues affecting the delivery of occupational and other health services, hazard-specific regulations regarding worker evaluation and treatment of exposures likely to be encountered in a refinery or chemical setting and OSHA recordable safety issues as they pertain to the clinical treatment of injury cases.
- Collaborates with and actively engages both Safety and HR in the discussion and analysis of all occupational injury and illness cases.
- Obtains necessary continuing education credit hours and training as required by state and national licensing and certifying agencies. Participates in all off-site company health conferences/meetings as sponsored and directed by CHS for the advancement and training of internal clinical personnel.
- Position requires either licensed Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner with at least 5-7 years experience in occupational health, or 7-10 years experience in an urgent care or emergency room setting.
- If available, national certification is required.
- Must be ACLS certified and ATLS certification is a plus.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Individual must be highly motivated and have strong interpersonal, communication and computer skills.
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: MPC) is a large-scale geographically-diversified and highly -integrated refining, marketing and midstream company. MPC is the nation's largest refiner, with a crude oil refining capacity of more than 3 million barrels per calendar day in its 16-refinery system. MPC's high-quality, nationwide retail and marketing business includes approximately 3,900 company-owned and -operated stores and 7,800 branded locations. MPC owns the general partners of MPLX LP and Andeavor Logistics LP, two strong, customer-focused midstream master limited partnerships.
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.