University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
SOM/Department of Emergency Medicine
Position #760970– Requisition 16185
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Nature of Work:
Principal activities include patient care in our Super Track environment (continuation of care of ESI 3-4 patients) working in a Clinical Decision Unit in the Emergency Department, as well as working collaboratively with Faculty Attendings on more complicated patients in the main zones of the ED. Delegated medical care includes, but is not limited to, the assessment, treatment and care of patients of all age categories. It is expected the employee will be competent to interpret age specific developmental, physiologic and unique care needs by assessment and by observation of care delivery.
- Performs histories and physicals on episodic, low acuity patients in the Emergency Department as delegated by physicians.
- Collects, reviews and correlates data to assist physician in appropriate medical management of patients.
- Assists physician by triaging and monitoring patients, referring for appropriate care as indicated.
- Assists in scheduling patients for various clinical appointments and procedures. Participates in patient education.
- Performs, or assists physician with, direct patient care services as needed. Administers medicine and therapeutic agents as directed.
- Participates in performance improvement activities; quality improvement and patient safety activities; assists in maintaining compliance with JCAHO accreditation and other internal and external regulatory standards including the code of conduct.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
TheUniversity of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Please click here for information on disability accommodations:
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Active and current license to practice as physician assistant or nurse practitioner in the State of Colorado
- Certificate of completion from a nurse practitioner or physician assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), or the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA)
- Certification by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants or other agency
- Current and active certification in basic life support (BLS), advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) and advanced trauma life support (ATLS)
- Master’s degree for physician assistants or nurse practitioners
- Minimum of one year clinical experience in emergency care or urgent care post-graduation
- Two years or more of clinical experience in emergency care or urgent care
- Preference will be given to applicants with the ability to work as full-time nocturnists, with increased differential pay included
- Fluency in Spanish
- Completion of post-graduate Advanced Practice Provider fellowship/residency in acute care Emergency Medicine is highly recommended but not mandatory