Chestnut Family Health Center, a division of Chestnut Health Systems, seeks a full-time Advanced Practice Registered Nurse certified in Mental Health to join our multidisciplinary team of caring and quality professionals committed to making a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
APRN will have the opportunity to work in a newly constructed 32,000 square foot health center with new equipment, pharmacy and lab on site, teaching kitchen and adjacent group rooms. The new health center’s design supports and encourages a multidisciplinary team approach to whole person, patient centered care that integrates primary care, behavioral health and dental (in near future) services.
Chestnut offers a robust benefit package. Additionally, APRN is eligible for National Health Service Corps loan repayment, can take advantage of flexible scheduling (no rounding, no weekends, no call) and Continuing Medical Education opportunities. Malpractice coverage is available through the Federal Tort Claims Act.
- Provide high-quality, patient-centered, culturally sensitive mental health provider services:
- Conduct comprehensive History (HPI)
- Address Problems and Medications List
- Conduct thorough Review of Systems (ROS)
- Perform thorough review of Past Medical History
- Conduct thorough Physical Examination
- Develop Assessment and Plan
- Management of Care / Medical Decision Making
- Provide direct medical prescriber services in accordance with Nurse Practitioner Collaborative Agreement, State of Illinois and agency policies and procedures:
- Actively participate in Collaboration meetings and discussions
- Staff cases when appropriateActively participate in program development activities to improve services to patients and educate staff on relevant topics.
- Actively participate in multi-disciplinary team staffing and consultation activities including team huddles, meetings and/or calls.
- Perform services diligently and faithfully, in accordance with the Corporate Bylaws and policies of Chestnut or affiliated corporate entities, with the same quality and practice of medicine performed in the community in accordance with all applicable local, state, and federal laws and applicable codes of conduct and the Joint Commission.
- Assist Chestnut in complying with all applicable standards as required by HRSA, the Joint Commission and other applicable accrediting organizations, licensing bodies and payers.
- Position requires an Illinois Registered Nurse license with a Master’s degree in Nursing.
- Must be licensed as Nurse Practitioner or other Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in the state of Illinois.
- Specialization in family practice with experience in mental health or substance use setting acceptable.
- Specialization in mental health preferred.
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan with company match, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
For immediate consideration, please see us at www.chestnut.org/employment
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled