Leading defense contractor has an immediate opening for an Advanced Quality Engineer for an assignment at their facility located in the Bloomington, MN. area. This is a 3 to 6 month contract with great potential of going full time direct.
The selected candidate for this position will work collaboratively with the Engineering team to support the product development cycle for a wide range of products used on such platforms as Weapons and Ordnance Stores Management and Deployment Systems, Fighter/Attack Aircraft Avionics, Space exploration and Missile Guidance and Launch Control systems.
The prime responsibility will be to assure that planning, design, build, and test of deliverables are in compliance with the company's internal procedures and are in conformance customer requirements.
DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Plans, implements, and maintains quality assurance methods used to develop and verify that products meet customer requirements
- Provides technical review of project plans, specifications, designs, drawings, schematics and test procedures
- Performs audits, assigns corrective action, and verifies implementation
- Participates in project reviews and meetings including technical design reviews, technical peer reviews, change control boards, and failure review boards
- Participates in continuous improvement and problem solving activities within the project
- May provide leadership and/or direction to lower level employees
- Witnesses and/or monitors test activities
- Works under limited direction
- Interfaces effectively with project leaders and other professionals within Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality departments, and with project teams across the company
- May have direct contact with external customers
- Provides resolution to a diverse range of complex problems
- Works as an individual technical contributor on one or more projects
- Recognized as an authority in at least one specific engineering discipline (e.g. systems, hardware and/or software engineering)
- Participates as an active member of the project team
- Travel may be required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- QA involvement in the areas of Hardware requirements analysis, design and implementation
- Software QA or software development experience in requirements analysis, design and implementation and test
- System-level requirements analysis, and test
- Experience authoring and/or peer reviewing: Software Development Plans, Hardware Development Plans, Quality Plans, Test Plans and procedures, Requirement Specifications, Design Specifications, and Test Procedures
- Auditor of hardware and/or software development processes
- Experience in defense industry (Commercial Aviation, Space, or medical)
- CMMI Level 3-5 experience
- AS9100 experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to multi-task
- Contributes to the achievement of business objectives
- Excellent skill in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
- Excellent skill in reviewing technical documentation for conformance to requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required
- Equivalent experience plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
- Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred but not required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
For immediate consideration Call Mike at 763-561-1061, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org