Must have Tier 1 automotive experience.
Summary: Serves as a quality representative for new product launch. Responsible for the development of all controlled process documentation, facilitation of Tier 1 implementation, main contact for customer specific requirements to fulfill product FMEA's.
Essential Job Functions, but not limited to, the following:
- Understanding of AIAG and customer specific requirements (e.g. APQP, PPAP, FMEA, MSA and Ford Motor Company requirements)
- Participate in the development and maintenance of institutionalized quality systems (e.g. IATF 16949 & ISO 9001)
- Lead problem solving efforts relating to internal/external quality issues
- Review of scrap issues and resolving defects from suppliers
- Gage R & R and capability study reporting
- Responsible for the quality of product from launch to service
- Updating instructions for production, safe launch, incoming inspection, and packaging.
- Control of all APQP documents via PPAP
- Understand and provide interpretation of customer designs, drawings/ GD&T
- Supplier PPAP review and approval
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty effectively. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering or related field
- Must have 3+ years of Tier 1 automotive quality engineering (direct responsibility to Tier 1 customer for APQP/PPAP approval)
- Proficient in GD&T
- Customer specific quality experience (e.g.: AIAG, PPAP, Process Flow & Control Plans)
- Working knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO9901 & IATF 16949)
- Professional appearance and communication is essential in all representation of Anderson
- Must be creative with problem solving
- Proficient in Tolerance & Tolerance Stack-up requirements
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of this job, would occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls. Work might entail significant time spent standing, exposure to extreme temperatures, enduring distracting/uncomfortable sounds and noise levels, as well as exposure to potentially hazardous conditions and equipment. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Employee may be required to climb stairs as needed to access various areas of the building. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus. Overtime may be necessary as workloads dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
Work Environments: This job requires dealing calmlyand effectively with high stress situations. Employees may be subject to randomdrug and alcohol testing, and pre-employment background checks.
The above is a list of activities routinely performed by this position and includes the essential function an individual must perform for the position. The above list is not all inclusive and Anderson Express reserves the right to add and/or remove any job duties as deemed necessary at any time.