As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Nemours Urgent Care is seeking a full-time Pediatric Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (A.R.N.P.) to join our Waterford Lakes location.
Nemours pediatric urgent care centers provide a kid-friendly, family-centered experience for families seeking urgent care services at night and on weekends. With five centers conveniently located in the greater Orlando area, we deliver exceptional Nemours care to families where - and when - they need it most
This position is responsible for: Working collaboratively with Pediatric Urgent Care Physicians, consulting physicians and referring physicians; interviewing patients, obtaining and recording health histories and completing history and physical examination. Diagnosing of health problems and facilitating management of the health care of those patients for which he/she is providing medical care. Providing teaching and counseling, initiating referrals and documenting appropriately in the electronic medical record.
- Provides medical and nursing care to pediatric patients with acute or chronic illnesses.
- Elicits comprehensive or focused/interval health history (ies).
- Performs complete or focused physical examinations.
- Orders, performs, and/or interprets diagnostic or screening tests.
- Orders and interprets radiographs and ultrasounds within the ARNP scope of practice.
- Develops and revises treatment plans.
- Initiates, monitors, alters or orders medications related to conditions or illnesses being treated within applicable divisions.
- Orders IV fluids and additives including insulin.
- Refers clients to other health care professionals and agencies as appropriate for specialized services, including but not limited to: other medical subspecialists, physical and occupational therapy, nutritional counseling and management, special education, growth and development/behavioral counseling
- Initiates any other measure for which the ARNP has been trained depending on patient’s condition and judgment of the physician and the ARNP
- Current Florida ARNP License
- Current BLS and PALS upon hire
- Minimum of one year pediatric emergency medical experience required.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.