Primary LocationUS-CA-DPAM Long Beach|
Under moderate supervision, maintains senior sales support responsibilities and accuracy through building internal processes and conducting administrative duties. Responsible for assisting with sales reporting, creating sales plans, budget reports and creating more complex presentations. Acts as an advisor or mentor to less experienced support staff.
We are looking for talented individuals with an eagerness to grow. The Sales support role has the responsibility to support the sales team. This position will play a pivotal role in developing and implementing strategies to continually improve market knowledge with solutions to meet customer needs. This requires experience interfacing with both internal and external customers across a multi-national platform. Bilingual in Japanese is highly desirable, to include, strong proficiency utilizing SalesForce and Oracle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs more advanced support duties relating to monthly reporting, customer quotes, creating presentations and monitoring customer orders.
2. Handles more complex customer inquiries related to product availability, delivery times, prices and the status of orders.
3. Processes customer debits and credits related to RGAs, inventory shortages, pricing errors, warranties, promotional allowances, customer meetings, etc.
4. Performs background research on customer accounts, prospects and competitors.
5. Improves internal processes and documentation to build on efficiency of work and team.
6. Works with internal departments to address any issues inhibiting sales team project completion.
7. Acts as a mentor or advisor to less experienced support staff.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Level of Education and Training Required
Requires an Associate’s degree in a related field and 5-8 years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. No formal management or leadership experience required.
Minimum Level of Knowledge and Skills Required
• Knowledge of Sales procedures and terms
• Ability to make simple calculations
• Ability to analyze and summarize data
• Good written and oral communication skills
• High level of experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Good customer service
• Kaizen mindset
Additional Skills and Experience:
- Strong proficiency with Salesforce
- Bilingual - fluent in Japanese preferred
- Experience with Oracle or similar large ERP systems a plus
- Strong command of the English language (reading and writing)
- Ability to interface with both internal and external customers