All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
At Delphi Technologies, we are dreamers who do. Our ideas inspire change. Our actions produce change. We collaborate, innovate, and execute with excellence, working hard to deliver a better drive today. And a better future, tomorrow.
Join our team. Impact the mobility transformation.
At Delphi Technologies we're about the art of the possible. We make it possible to solve our customers' toughest challenges. And now we are taking bold steps to do even more. We recently completed a spin-off into a Top 50 - Tier 1 automotive supplier with $4.5B in annual revenue, over 20K employees, with operations in 17 countries and doing business with customers in over 150 countries.
As a standalone company, Delphi Technologies is positioned for continued growth, the ability to develop more focused and distinct business models, and now has flexibility to pursue our unique strategic plans to capitalize on industry trends.
Delphi Technologies provides integration of full end-to-end gasoline and diesel engine management systems including fuel handling, fuel injection, combustion, electronic controls, test and validation capabilities, electric and hybrid electric vehicle power electronics, aftermarket and original equipment services. Delphi Technologies designs solutions to optimize powertrain power and performance, while helping customers meet new emissions and fuel economy regulations.
Join the Delphi Technologies team as we embark on this exciting transition and become an independent company with a passionate focus on innovative technologies and a commitment to make green possible.
This exciting opportunity is located in our Auburn Hills, MI Technical Center.
Responsibilities and duties
- Develop vehicle-level system mechanizations for advanced technology vehicles.
- Develop and apply embedded controllers and algorithms for sensor data acquisition and system control for vehicle applications incorporating advanced propulsion technology.
- Coordinate with the Advanced Powertrain Electronics and Engine Management Systems production teams.
- Create a systems level understanding of how the sensor, actuators and electronics work in various applications and develop appropriate specifications.
- Responsible for in-depth understanding of customer requirements and to incorporate this understanding into electronics development activities.
- Responsible for developing system level failure modes (diagnostics) and SFMEA.
- Responsible for application documentation to guide customer implementation of the sensor system and work with customers where required to integrate and support sensor system prototype testing.
- Develop new innovative test procedures/concepts when necessary and oversee/conduct the implementation and execution of these test methods.
- Stay current on emerging trends/technologies in the propulsion system fields including electrification. Read papers, literature, patents; attend conferences and seminars when applicable. Write and present technical papers and make presentations to customers.
- Occasional travel in USA and/or International; flexible work schedule necessary on occasion.
Traits we seek
- Curiously investigate everything - ability to solving problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
- Lead with confidence - thought leaders who empower those around them
- Learn by doing - an entrepreneurial mindset that's driven by hands-on experimentation
- Embrace resilience - seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
Delphi Technologies rewards and advantages
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Competitive health benefits
- 401K with matching contribution
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Candidates for positions with Delphi Technologies must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Master's Degree in Electrical or Systems Engineering
- 3+ years of Powertrain Systems related Engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience designing or integrating automotive microprocessor based hardware and software
- 3+ years of experience with interfacing or working with OEM Customers
- PhD in Electrical or Systems Engineering
- Detail oriented with focus on providing robust technical documentation
- Broad interest in systems development
- Engineering experience in modern automotive systems architectures
- Knowledge of automotive electrical/electronic systems
- Experienced user of Matlab-Simulink-Stateflow and autocoding process
- Experienced user of CANape and INCA
- Hands on experience working on vehicles or engines
- Experience with automotive data buses, such as CAN
- Knowledge of automotive powertrain, sub-system, and component operation
- Willing and motivated to learn new products and technologies and gain additional skills
- Strong analytical skills and experience doing calculations, analysis, and/or simulation to solve key product development challenges
- Good written and Formal Problem Solving training and experience (multiple disciplines)
Auburn Hills, MI
About the Organization
Delphi Technologies is a technology company whose people focus on solving emissions and fuel economy challenges for the world's leading automotive original equipment manufacturers and provides leading aftermarket service solutions. Headquartered in London, U.K., Delphi Technologies operates technical centers, manufacturing sites and customer support services in 24 countries. Visit delphi.com.
This position is currently accepting applications.