"Position Title" AdventHealth Ocala
Location Address: 1500 SW 1st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Ocala
Horse Capital of the World
Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
Spectacular springs throughout the county
Full time Night Shift
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers—in person or on the telephone.
· Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
· Educates, validates and ensures accountability of all Patient experience tactics.
· Participates and ensures that rounding for outcomes occur daily.
· Promotes and validates iCARE compliance.
· Maintains responsibility for nursing units on 24/7 basis, unless otherwise approved.
· Performs duties in a timely manner and provides updates if delays occur.
· Adheres to Advent Health standards for dress and professional appearance.
· Collaborates with staff and peers to create optimal synergy and outcomes.
· Completes behavioral-based interviewing for all new hires.
· Participates in 30, 60, and 90 day evaluations of new staff, and assists in completion of meaningful annual evaluation of existing staff.
· Meets regularly with staff to obtain feedback and provide guidance to improve outcomes.
· Complies with Advent Health corrective action process.
· Monitors and maintains acceptable compliance with budgets. Will monitor and manage productivity daily and collaborate with Nurse Manager on completing monthly variance report and formulating action plan
· Assists in development of Operating and Capital Budgets
· Facilitates patient flow to and from the units.
· Participates in quality improvement activities to improve processes and patient care.
· Implements actions as appropriate based on benchmarks and data specific to the departments with the ability to monitor and evaluate progress.
· In collaboration with the Nurse Manager, continually monitors vacancy and turnover rates. Will assist in implementation strategies for staff retention.
· Complete and submit departmental reports as assigned by Nurse Manager.
· Demonstrates accountability by taking responsibility for decisions, actions and results.
· Maintains regulatory agency preparedness.
· Participates in staff development by ensuring education, advancement of staff skills and certifications.
· Serve as mentor and advisor to facilitate professional growth of Unit Staff.
· Plans new projects or expansions, including equipment, staffing and space requirement.
· Assumes staff RN duties and responsibilities as appropriate.
What You Will Need:
· Minimum of three (3) years’ acute care RN nursing experience or two years’ RN experience if has prior leadership experience in team leader role
· BLS, ACLS if required per department standards
· Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
· BSN preferred
The Assistant Nurse Manager supervises and coordinates patient care delivery on the assigned nursing units and is accountable for meeting standards. The Assistant Nurse Manager supports the assigned unit by planning, directing, and evaluating all nursing service functions and activities for the assigned patient care unit to ensure delivery of optimal available quality patient care and organizational effectiveness.
The Assistant Nurse Manager completes concurrent chart audits of assigned areas to ensure charting within the EMR is complete, accurate and specific to the patients’ diagnosis, plan of care and core measures. Ensures that errors and omissions are corrected in a timely manner. Coordinates staff educational needs.
Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change