Location Address: 1500 SW 1st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471
- Horse Capital of the World
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
- Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
- Spectacular springs throughout the county
- Assesses and analyzes the health status of patients in assigned nursing unit in a comprehensive manner. Performs and/or assures completed assessments on all patients admitted within the designated time delineated in policy/unit standards. Performs on-going assessments and documents according to policy and procedure. Reports significant findings of admission and on-going assessments to appropriate member of health care team. Initiates discharge planning process with initial admission assessment.
- Plans patient care on assigned unit in collaboration with the patient, family, and health care team. Formulates individualized patient plan of care based on assessment data within the designated time delineated in policy/unit standards. Updates plan of care based on the patient assessment within appropriate time period.
- Directs, implements and coordinates patient care activities on assigned unit to ensure the delivery of quality care. Communicates the plan of care to other members of the healthcare team through daily worksheet conferences, verbally during the shift and verbally during the shift report. Directs care team members in accordance with their scope of practice. Communicates/documents all patient care given including assessments, plan, interventions, patient response, and follow-up. Transcribes and directs the implementation of physician orders. Provides patient education based on assessed needs and evaluates understanding.
- Conducts ongoing evaluation of patient outcomes and documents effectiveness of planned and implemented interventions and strategies in relation to the plan of care within time frames per policy/unit standards. Includes patient and family in the evaluation process.
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent human relations and oral/written skills
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing;
- PRN: at least 2 years RN experience.
- BSN preferred
- RN: 12 months experience preferred but not required
To provide direct care to patients on an assigned unit using the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Functions and performs all technical aspects of nursing care within the framework of established policies and procedures of Munroe Regional Medical Center. Responsible for managing care of assigned patients and guiding and directing the activities of ancillary staff. May function as charge nurse. Functions on the nursing unit as assistant to the physician.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.