Now Hiring for Summer 2020!
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading charity committed to strengthening community. Provides direct supervision of a specific camp unit, assisting with the planning, development, and implementation of all activities as well as supervision of children in a seasonal day camp. Creates positive, nurturing relationships with children, while building cooperative relationships with parents/caregivers. Promotes and supports the potential of all youth in programs and facilitates peer-to-peer connections as part of the overall camp experience.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse Prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
- Must have knowledge of crafts, archery, camping, songs/music, skits, sports, aquatics, recreational games, etc.
- 1 - 3 years: Previous experience with diverse populations.
- 1 - 3 years: Previous experience working with children in camping, recreation, teaching, childcare or physical education setting
- 1 year(s): Experience working in a supervisory capacity.
- High School Diploma/GED or better in Other
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- First Aid
- Recreational Games
- Problem Solving
- Work in diverse community
- Group Facilitation
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization