Advisory Integration Consultant:-JAC0042S
Jackson National Life Distributors LLC (JNLD) has an opening for an Advisory Integration Consultant.
The Advisory Resource Consultant will partner with Jackson distribution personnel and Broker/Dealer representative partners to provide field and virtual training on Jackson’s products and distribution technologies. This position is responsible for training that will build competence and confidence in using and promoting Jackson’s products. Additionally, the Advisory Resource Consultant will provide training that will strengthen and enhance long-term, productive relationships.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Acts as the subject matter expert on external advisory platforms and fintech tools.
- Partners with Jackson’s existing Key Accounts Managers to gain knowledge and insight into the existing advisory and technology options of our partner firms and then relay that information in an actionable fashion to JNLD internal and external sales teams.
- Partners with financial technology firms to gain knowledge and insight into how their tools can be used to help advisors understand the value of implementing annuities from Jackson’s product suite and then relay that information in an actionable fashion to JNLD internal and external sales teams.
- Represents the firm's technological tools to internal and external constituents in support of the selling process.
- Provides onsite and virtual training to JNLD external sales teams (External Wholesalers, Key Account Managers, Advanced Strategies, Portfolio Strategists) and our Broker/Dealer customers (Registered Representatives and their assistants) to optimize sales.
- Will be a member of a 5-person team that will be responsible to cover distinct geography and/or accounts and/or tools.
- Proactively maintains a calendar and will maximize the use of time through virtual trainings and, at the wholesaler’s request, field trainings.
- Proactively partners with the subject matter experts (SME) that will provide training across the multiple disciplines and systems including but not limited to Jackson Products, Jackson.com, portfolio tools, representative dashboard self-service tools, performance center, Morningstar Tax Deferral Illustrator, the subaccount watch list, and Jackson sales process and sales initiatives.
- Attends ongoing training to keep up to date with Jackson product, Jackson technology enhancements, and general updates within in the industry, especially with regards to Financial Technology and advisory business.
- Documents and continuously improve best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience with, and a detailed understanding of advisory platforms and the business of retail financial advice given on a fee basis.
- Experience with, and a detailed understanding of the securities “wholesale” distribution process.
- Prior internal or external wholesaler experience preferred with strong consideration given to candidates who have experience with broker/dealer advisory platforms.
- Excellent and articulate communication and relationship skills (verbal, written and interpersonal).
- Must be able to construct and deliver a presentation fluently. Significant public speaking experience preferred. Requires influencing and persuasive skills.
- Track record of making connections across teams to bring appropriate resources to bear and convert opportunities to product sales.
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical teams, business users, the back office of a broker-dealer, and many levels of a large organization.
- Patience, tact and training acumen to lead, and facilitate internal and customer-facing meetings.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong affinity for technology and using it to aid sales of financial products.
- Strong analytical thinker and problem solver.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with an ability to effectively manage multiple work threads simultaneously.
- Demonstrated competence with presentation technology.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or related work experience.
- 3+ years of internal sales or product experience.
- 3+ years of experience with sales methodologies and sales technologies.
- 1+ years of experience working directly with advisory platforms
- FINRA series 6 is required within the first 6 months in this role
Job Level that this position reports to (i.e., Manager, Director, etc.):
Organization:Jackson National Life Distrib
Job Posting:May 20, 2019, 4:39:38 PM