AE & I Tech Rot B - 5:00pm - 3:30am - Full time - Columbus, Nebraska-COL00940 Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world.Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience.We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way,reducing environmental impact and improving the communities wherewe live and work.
Cargill Protein is the umbrella organization of Cargill’s North American beef, turkey, and food distribution businesses. Our businesses based in Wichita, Kansas, provide wholesome, high quality, nutritious and flavorful products to customers ranging from foodservice operators and grocery stores, to food manufacturers and export markets. These businesses employ more than 28,000 people in the US and Canada, who work at dozens of processing and support facilities.
Cargill Turkey and Cooked Meats
Cargill Turkey and Cooked Meats is a business committed to serving a broad range of retail, foodservice, deli, club store and branded food customers. We are focused on the success of our own national brands as well as the brands of our customers. We utilize state-of-the-art turkey, beef, and chicken processing capabilities to deliver high-quality meat products to our partners. Advanced technologies and imaginative people create innovative solutions and distinctive value for our customers.
Maintenance AE&I is a vital role in the daily operations of our facility. There are a variety of roles and responsibilities within this title. The types of roles available require performing troubleshooting, ensuring proper maintenance and operational status of equipment, using a variety of hand tools. Performing other duties pertaining to hydraulics and pneumatics, while making safety the number one priority. Maintenance Tech III requires being able to read manuals written in English and the ability to write and document information.
While performing the duties of Maintenance AE&I Tech, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions with slippery surfaces; moving mechanical parts; fast paced warm/cool environment. Positions require standing, squatting, bending, kneeling, climbing, pushing, pulling, working overhead, lifting up to 50lbs and the use of PPE is required in all areas of the facility.
- Troubleshoot advanced electrical systems
- PLC programing
- Building and Installing electrical control packages
- Install/Troubleshoot/Repair networking systems
- Repair/Troubleshoot production equipment
- Read electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic schematics
- Utilize MRO system
- Cleanliness and housekeeping
- Ensuring food safety and quality
- Documenting daily work assigned on paper and in maintenance management system
- Utilize parts in inventory to repair equipment and follow procedures for documenting usage
- Identify problems and make suggestions to improve operational processes
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have high school diploma
- Must be able to read and write in the prevalent language of technical literature utilized at the facility.
- Must have knowledge of hand and power tools, ability to identify proper tool for specific tasks
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Ability to participate in HAZMAT membership, at minimum supporting role
- Have state issued operator driver’s license and able to use a powered industrial truck (PIT)
- Ability to work independently and with other technicians
- Education in or willingness to complete courses in Fluid Power Fundamentals, Fundamentals of Mechanical Systems, Fluid Power Systems, Industrial Principles, Concepts of Electronics 1, Fluid Power Systems, Control Systems, Introduction to Programmable Controls, Concepts of Electronics 2, Control Logix, and Advanced Control Systems.
- Previous industrial maintenance experience
- Two year degree that relates to the maintenance field
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.