National OnDemand, Inc. is a company dedicated to providing OnDemand services Nationally, Anytime, Anywhere! Through the completion of multiple mergers, acquisitions and organic growth the company is continuing to grow rapidly across the country. There are 6 primary divisions of the company: Fiber Services, Construction Services, Structured Cabling Services, Home Services, Business Services, and Emergency Services. The various divisions of the company allow National OnDemand to provide full turnkey solutions to all customers.
The Aerial Construction Supervisor is responsible for coordination, delegation, supervision and quality control of onsite work including responsibility for performance and productivity of all aerial/underground construction crews.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for performing field inspections of cable/fiber/coax placement, splicing and construction work
- Assist in building out/upgrading both underground and aerial aspects of the network
- Conduct pre-survey of construction packages
- Read and interpret construction drawings and blueprints
- Track daily production for crew and achieve schedule demands at all times
- Completes walk-through with foreman and customer
- Keep the Project Manager and customer updated on progress of project
- Evaluate crew member’s performance and provide coaching
- Responsible for workforce compliance with all safety regulations including all OSHA requirements
- Interact with subcontractors and field personnel regarding work completion and resolve conflicts when necessary
- Responsible for vehicle maintenance and inventory control of all on-site equipment and tools
- Review and authorize daily work reports
- At times, may be required to perform work along with field personnel
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of Aerial/Utility CATV construction
- Working knowledge of engineering work prints, ability to understand and interpret construction documents.
- Knowledge of outside plant safety procedures
- Ability to direct crews and communicate with teammates and customers
- Practical knowledge on Microsoft Office products to include: Word, Excel, Etc.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to think analytically and apply sound judgment, solve problems & make effective decisions
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, if necessary
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass drug, background, DOT & MVR screenings
While performing some duties, the employee will work primarily in an office setting. However, there may be times that will require the employee to work outdoors in all types of weather and may be exposed to dust, fluctuating temperatures, and periodic high noise levels. The employee may be required to travel within the United States up to 50% of the time and may be required to stay away from home up to 14 days at a time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk, and hear.
- In-House Aerial Crew OR
- Sub-contractor Aerial Crew
This is a full time, salaried position. All full time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits that include Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance.