This position assists and supports the delivery of flight instruction for the Aeronautics Programs.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in the Aeronautics Programs.
- Schedule and administer flight training sessions.
- Assist with the flight, simulator, and ground instruction required in the Aeronautics Programs.
- Assist with monitoring student solo flight activities and maintain all appropriate training records.
- Using FVTC airplanes/simulators as required, continuously meet the recent flight experience requirements of FAR 61.57 (c), 9d), and (e), for single and multi-engine land planes, and maintain documentation required by FAR 61.51 and FAR 141.
- Maintain full compliance with all applicable Federal Aviation Regulations and College/Program policies and procedures.
- In accordance with FAR 141 and as assigned, assist with assigned duties as Check Instructor.
Secondary Job Functions
- Assist with student recruitment and support public relations efforts.
- Assist with academic issues and administrative counseling for student success.
- Assist with updates of charts/data/etc.
- Assist with coordination of aircraft maintenance.
- Perform Duty Pilot functions (aircraft fueling, hangaring, building security, etc.)
- Stock and clean aircraft.
- CFI-ASEL, CFI-AMEL, and CFI-IA is required.
- Ability to maintain a Class I or II medical certificate, a current Flight Review (FAR 61.56), and a current CFI certificate (FAR 61.197).
- Time in a C172 and/or BE-76 is preferred.
- Ability to maintain a professional level of personal aeronautical proficiency and knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to teach students from a wide range of diversity.
- Willingness to work a non-standard schedule as required to take advantage of appropriate flying conditions. Punctual.
- Ability to cooperate and assist staff members in other disciplines within an all-encompassing aviation education environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Good knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Customer service oriented.
- Sensitivity to the needs of staff members at all levels and ability to maintain good working relations.
- Maturity and initiative. Neatness in work and appearance.
If you should have any questions regarding opportunities for this position, please contact Jared Huss at email@example.com or (920)232-6024.