Please note that this position is contingent on funding.
NASA conducts research, and develops and delivers products and services per NASA and the Society of Automotive Engineer’s Aerospace Standard (ISO9001/AS9100) requirements. NASA Ames Research Center (ARC) maintains the Ames Quality Management System (AQMS) as an AS9100D compliant Quality Management System (QMS). The AS9100D auditor will support the AQMS team by conducting auditing and AQMS supporting duties in scope of the AS9100D requirements and the organizational process scope of the AQMS for all life-cycle phases of ARC work. The process scope of the of the AQMS includes the design, development, production, test, installation and servicing of flight hardware, flight software and associated ground support equipment interfacing with flight hardware and flight software. The auditor will be required to interpret and audit organizational application of the AS9100D requirements as well as the NASA requirements found in the NASA Online Directives Information System (NODIS) and the ARC Center Directives Management System (CDMS). The AS9100D auditor is not required to assess software assurance as that is conducted independently of the AQMS team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Perform internal audits to AS9100D.
· Perform and/or direct internal (NASA internal organizations as suppliers) and external supplier quality audits.
· Provide process improvement feedback to Engineering, Operations, and other personnel on quality systems requirements.
· Represent the Ames Quality Management System team on Ames Research Center process improvement teams.
· Analyze Quality Management System process data and make recommendations for systems improvement.
· Train personnel on Quality Management System requirements, Root Cause Analysis, Corrective Action Plan development and process metrics reporting using existing instruction template formats.
· Independently verify the results of completed Corrective Action Plans and make recommendations for final closure.
· Bachelor's degree from a four-year college, equivalent technical accreditation, or equivalent experience in a relevant technical field with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
· Experience with aerospace or automotive industry product manufacturing or services.
· Certified AS9100D auditor or certified ISO 9001:2016 auditor with demonstrated experience in aerospace or automotive product manufacturing or service organizations.
· Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to dynamic changes in production and service environments that reflect one-off efforts through the product or service life-cycle.
· Strong organizational, analytical, and presentation skills.
· Strong written and verbal communications skills.
· Strong knowledge of quality concepts and principles.
· Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, diagrams, schematics, blueprints, and technical instructions.
· Familiarity with MIL specifications and standards and commercial equivalents.
· Knowledge of inspection and measurement equipment and awareness of Electrostatic Discharge issues.
· Understanding of manufacturing processes, challenges, and solutions.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
· Strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word software applications.
Desired Education, Experience, Skills or Training:
· Previous work exposure to NASA, DCMA, DMA or similar OGA flow down requirements for the production of aerospace or defense systems (hardware) related products or services.
· Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent technical manufacturing or QA accreditation with demonstrated experience in aerospace, defense (hardware), or automotive product design or production.
· Experience as QA representative and/or Test Lead.
· Experience in Six-Sigma or Lean Six-Sigma or equivalent process improvement disciplines in product manufacturing environments.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.