Do you want to make a difference immediately? Are you ready to apply your project management skills to develop cutting edge, highly reliable, and affordable life support and thermal control products for extreme environments in space and on Earth? Are you ready to play a critical role immediately? Can you excel in a team environment and carry your share of the load while also relying on others to do their part? If this sounds like you, we have a project management position in mind for you at Paragon Space Development Corporation.
Reports to the Director of Programs. Serves as a project manager and customer interface on assigned project(s). May also serve as a deputy program manager. Collaborates closely with other program/project managers, engineering staff, principal investigators, manufacturing, and business operations personnel. Allocated the requisite responsibility and authority required to ensure the technical success of assigned projects while executing to established budgets and schedule. Exceeds customer satisfaction through focused communication, reporting, and timely milestone/ deliverables submittal.
Description of Duties:
- Ensure contractual goals are met through achievement of technical and quality objectives.
- Plan project activities (milestones, deliverables), schedule, and budget to meet project scope.
- Ensure contractual scope of work is executed to budget and schedule.
- Identify out of scope work requested (directly or indirectly) by the customer:
- Bring it to the company's attention
- Quantify the cost impact of the out of scope work (technical, schedule, budget)
- Develop and execute the plan to inform the customer and drive to have the work added to the contract or reach mutual agreement that it will not be performed
- Provide day-to-day project management to accomplish objectives, meet customer requirements, and comply with Paragon corporate policies, processes, and procedures.
- Serve your team:
- Communicate project progress and schedule often.
- Negotiate assignments to ensure clear scope, schedule and budget.
- Listen to and address team needs (requests for more information, training, software, priority conflict resolution, tools, etc.).
- As applicable, work with technical lead/Principal Investigator to meet technical goals.
- Guide and ensure safe conduct of operations.
- Lead conflict resolution and provide tactical decisions that will positively affect the project.
- Efficiently coordinate organizational resources and assigned personnel to maintain an effective team. This includes sound long-range planning, forecasting, and early and effective communication with the Director of Programs and other Program/Project Managers and resource managers.
- Regularly report on progress, budget and schedule, and generate metric-based review products such as EVMS reports.
- Track and review performance metrics and formulate/execute mitigation plans if not on target.
- Implement disciplined Risk Management: identify and track risks; formulate, communicate, and execute risk mitigation plans.
- Conduct regular project reviews, both internal and external.
- Manage and control project documentation using established corporate tools.
- Serve as the customer point of contact:
- Maintain/develop customer relationships.
- Identify new scope that addresses customer needs.
- Support negotiations of changes to the project plan and/or new contract.
- Solicit feedback from the customer.
- Record and report lessons-learned to drive continuous improvement.
- Support Business Development as requested:
- As assigned, function as a proposal lead or a proposal team member to ensure adequate, timely, and sound proposal generation.
- As assigned, develop the budget for direct, indirect and other costs for identified proposal scope of work
- Support continuous improvement at Paragon through the evaluation of corporate policies, processes, procedures, and management tools.
- Champion the Paragon corporate culture, encouraging adherence to touchstones, and providing cultural guidance and support to team(s).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Project Management practices and principles.
- Knowledge of budgeting and accounting principles.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Knowledge of engineering design & development and/or production.
- Software application skills in the Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft Project.
- Skills in writing, focused report / presentation / memorandum generation, and succinct customer correspondence.
- Ability to negotiate fairly and respectfully.
- Ability to plan.
- Ability to organize, track and prioritize assignments and tasks, and to execute to the plan.
- Ability to intellectually absorb project-related technologies and/or newly-developed capabilities and ability to contribute to the identification of their application in future opportunities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, positive work relationships; have discriminating judgment, tact and a sense of humor.
- Ability to mentor / teach/ train.
- Ability to practice respectful dissention.
- Ability to be creative, flexible, quick in response, and resourceful.
- Knowledge and experience on aerospace systems and components related to project from requirements definition through qualification, delivery, and on-orbit support.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and procedures
- Knowledge of proposal process
Design and manufacturing experience in one of the following engineering product areas is desired but not required: Life Support Systems, Crew Systems, Crew Cabins, Military Systems, Aircraft Systems, or Thermal Control Systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Bio-mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, Management, Business, or equivalent field and 5-8 years' of experience in technology development OR
- Master's degree in Mechanical, Bio-mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, Management, Business, or equivalent field and 4-6 years' of experience in technology development OR
- PhD degree in Mechanical, Bio-mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, Management, Business, or equivalent field and 2-4 years' of experience in technology development.
- US Citizen or US permanent resident.
Who We Are:
As Paragon celebrates 26 years of providing award-winning life support and thermal control solutions for extreme environments, we've recognized that it is our employees that keep our business thriving. By any measure, Paragon Space Development is an exciting and rewarding place to work. Our goal is to hire the best and allow you to do the work that you enjoy! We are interested in developing individuals who enjoy a challenge and like working on a variety of projects in a fast paced environment. We are committed to our employees and providing an inclusive work atmosphere that allows our talentto grow both personally and professionally.