Secure our Nation, Ignite your FutureManTech is seeking Top Talent as an
for our Air Force and Space program. DARPA explicitly reaches for transformational change instead of incremental advances. But it does not perform its engineering alchemy in isolation. It works within an innovation ecosystem that includes academic, corporate and governmental partners, with a constant focus on the Nation’s military Services, which work with DARPA to create new strategic opportunities and novel tactical options. For decades, this vibrant, interlocking ecosystem of diverse collaborators has proven to be a nurturing environment for the intense creativity that DARPA is designed to cultivate.
Clearance: Must have an active Top Secret Clearance
Location: Arlington, VA
in a team environment with government and contractor employees
The Aerospace Scientist/Engineer will:
- Provide system development to a Department of Defense (DoD) customer, by collaborating with DoD and commercial partners on development efforts to determine unique solutions for space and aeronautical technologies.
- Determine strategies for technology feasibility, large-scale development efforts, and coordinate with stakeholders to advance the technologies and monitor progress.
- Be responsible for the successful technical, schedule, and cost performance of multiple programs, through subordinate program/project managers, in accordance with contract requirements and company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Develop concise briefings for senior leadership to show analytical results and progress against statement of objectives. Space aerospace, aerodynamics engineering expertise with significant professional background in space systems (GNC, Entry/landing/descent (EDL), Ground control, satellite tracking, Propulsion, materials.) Engineering/operational experience with Super/Hyper/Transonic velocity regimes, flight control design, aerodynamic pressures/turbulence.
- Top Secret Clearance.
- M.S. Degree or higher in Aerospace Engineering.
- 6+ years of related experience.
- Extensive experience with MS Office, Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Prior experience with the development of space programs and launch vehicles.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, detail oriented, strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities.
- Excellent attention to details and diligent adherence to deadlines and deliverables.
- A high-level performer with the ability to be proactive and respond rapidly to changing conditions in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience with providing analysis and support to science and technology or advance research and development programs preferred