Daifuku America Corporation is a leader in Design, Manufacturing, Installation and Support of automotive automation/material handling systems in North America. The company is currently seeking an experienced Welder / Fitter I for the facility in Reynoldsburg, OH.
The primary goal is satisfying customer requirements of quality, quantity, and delivery, in a safe manner, while maximizing productivity. Specifically, the Welder / Fitter I is responsible for all job activities required to support production processes. These activities include but are not limited to: fitting/adjusting parts, tacking, and MIG welding steel, aluminum and stainless steel. Employee is responsible for visually inspecting parts.
- Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler
- Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies
- Cuts workpiece, using powered saws, torch and hand plasma
- Prepares and finishes workpiece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper
- Welds components in all positions
- Set up welding equipment
- Ensure welds meet standards and specifications
- Perform precision layout tasks and precisely fit together their structural parts and components
- Read/work to engineered drawings and welding symbols
- Perform shop mathematical calculations
- Follows all plant safety guidelines, practices and procedures. Also, be aware of activity in the work surroundings and maintain a clean and safe work area
- Properly use personal protective equipment when required
- Maintain regular attendance – have reliable means of transportation
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Prior manufacturing experience is highly preferred. Any technical or vocational education/training in relation to skills listed below is also desirable.
- Must have the ability to pass a AWS D.1.1 3G vertical metal core pulse transfer weld qualification
- Must have intermediate blueprint reading knowledge
- Knowledge of machine operation, cutting, sawing, drilling, and grinding parts is desirable
- Ability to use welding tools
- Forklifts and Overhead crane experience preferred (in-house training available)
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test
- Team player - must be able to work with others
- Must have and maintain a high sense of urgency to meet and exceed all production goals
- Physically capable of standing, walking, bending, pushing, pulling, reaching and twisting throughout shift
- Attentive to detail watching for material defects and any quality issues
- Capable of repetitively lifting 50 lbs. or greater
- Candidates must be flexible to work overtime as needed, which may include weekends and/or holidays
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to dirt/dust, heat/cold, fumes/odors, vibration and wetness
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud but tolerable
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent
A minimum of five (5) years of experience in manufacturing / production welding
Steel Toe Shoes/Boots
Gloves, jackets and sleeves supplied (can use personal equipment)
Daifuku offers an excellent compensation package including great benefits such as excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance, paid vacation time, paid sick time, and paid holidays, 401K, Flexible Spending Programs, and more.
Daifuku is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status or medical condition.
If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email email@example.com.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org