Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a part-time, as-needed After-Hours Crisis Specialist (SASS) for our Belleville, IL location, servicing St. Clair and Bond Counties
Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A, as well as provides employee assistance programs internationally.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Conduct timely screenings and assessments (CSPI) during crisis to determine the need and appropriateness for psychiatric hospitalization of deflection.
- Provide immediate support services and transition planning for disposition (hospitalization or deflection).
- Educate child, caregivers and other collaterals regarding SASS program.
- Provide services as appropriate.
- Complete required paperwork and document treatment in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate would meet the requirements of an MHP, as evidenced by Rule 132; be IM+CAT (IL Medicaid Crisis Assessment Tool) certified; and have experience working with children and adolescents as well as experience working in crisis situations.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree and 5 years’ supervised mental health experience;
- Or a master’s degree in counseling, psychology, social work or related field with less than 1,000 hours of supervised mental health experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, private automobile insurance and be insurable (when applicable).
- Requires basic computer skills and experience to include MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This part-time position includes eligibility for our retirement savings plan and employee assistance program.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled