HopeHealth is seeking an After Hours Registered Nurse for its affiliate HopeHealth Hospice & Palliative Care. This position will be based in Providence, RI.
The RN will be assigned to a caseload as designated by the Patient Care Manager and determined by census need. The Float may also be utilized to cover an RN Case Manager absence and provide continuity of care.
This is a part-time, evening position working 24 hours per week (3:30p - 12:00a) including every other weekend.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Initial and ongoing assessment of the impact of the terminal diagnosis on the patient's physical, functional, psychosocial and environmental needs and activities of daily living.
- Implements the individualized plan of care and recommending revisions to the plan as necessary and plans for discharge/transfer as appropriate.
- Consults with and educates the patient/family/caregiver regarding the disease process and teaches the patient/family/caregiver self-care techniques, as appropriate. Provides medication, diet and other instructions as ordered by the physician.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Coordinates all patient/family services and prioritization of needs with the members of the interdisciplinary team to develop and revise patient's individualized plan of care.
- Informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the patient's needs and outcomes of intervention, updating Plan of Care as needed.
- Determines scope and frequency of services needed based on acuity and patient/family needs.
- Coordinates care with other interdisciplinary team members in cooperation with the family/caregiver to meet identified needs of the patient/family/caregiver; including psychosocial, spiritual, and emotional needs and refers to appropriate disciplines/services.
Education / Experience
- RN required BSN preferred
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Strong nursing assessment, clinical skills and communication skills
- Home care and/or related experience preferred
- Competitive health benefits
- Company matched retirement plan
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Mileage reimbursement
- Company provided life insurance
HopeHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer