After School Chess Coach/Instructor
Silver Knights Enrichment is looking for smart and capable Chess Coaches who want to make a difference in the lives of elementary school children.
You will be a great fit if you:
- Play chess! You don't have to be a master-level player, but you do need interest and enthusiasm.
- Want to work with children (ages 5-11).
- Are available to work part-time during "after-school" hours.
- Have experience as a camp counselor, tutor, teacher, coach, instructor, or previous preschool or daycare experience.
- Are comfortable driving and have a flexible schedule, for example, an Uber or Lyft driver, a student, or a retired person looking for a part-time job.
You will receive thorough, paid training on how to help children learn chess.
Earn $45 - $75 per club meeting (90-minute time commitment)
- Knowledgeable in the rules and basic strategy of chess
- Experience or interest in working with elementary-age children. Experience in a classroom setting is a plus!
- Must be willing to undergo a background check
- Must be available at least 3 weekdays during the school year from 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm
- Have a reliable vehicle for transportation
- Ability to lift 20 lbs of teaching equipment
- Manage a classroom of 10-24 students (Aides are usually provided for larger groups)
- Use our curriculum to demonstrate and effectively communicate all of the basic rules (piece movement, how to castle, check, checkmate, etc) and strategy
- Promote good sportsmanship among students
- Responsibly store and maintain all teaching equipment and materials
- Supervise parent pickup
Silver Knights Enrichment is an EEO employer and is a safe and drug-free workplace.