ASES Program Coordinator will, plan for and facilitate a wide variety of social, recreational, community activities and academic interventions for a child enrichment program.Will coordinator providing quality-learning interventions that promote academic growth.Will direct and participate in collaboration and communication with others regarding program needs, offerings, and other applicable program issues.
CREDENTIALS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
Associate's Degree in Education or related field. Demonstrated experience or knowledge in program development and implementation, licensing and fire clearance regulations, grant requirements and Valid California Driver's License is required. Must successfully pass fingerprints and criminal investigation screening. Must meet insurance guidelines established by the Corporation. CPR/First Aid certified. Ability to obtain a TB test and health screening and meet all pre-hiring requirements.
Must have knowledge of ASES Grant compliance requirements, student behavioral management, curriculum planning, California Common Core Standards and basic school regulations.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office
- Commitment to continuous improvement, program implementation, and contractual requirements.
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record.
ESSENTIAL DUITES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan for and organize a variety of activities and interventions for children.
- Develop and direct lessons and activities, and carry out preparation of materials.
- Project genuine enthusiasm about working with staff and children.
- Maintain supervision of program participants and activities.
- Maintain grant compliance documentation. Maintain various kinds of records including, but not limited to: attendance, snacks, etc., as well as evaluation or assessment activities.
- Monitor program activities and direct the work of programs affecting recreation, social, cultural activities, and academic interventions.
- Administer first aid to students as necessary.
- Facilitate and document parental notifications (telephone and/or written form).
- Attend meetings and training sessions as requested.
- Oversee the maintaining of a safe environment for students (facilities, equipment, etc.), ensuring legal compliance in all areas.
- Monitor the set up and maintenance of program facilities and activities.
- Be available to students, staff and parents throughout dismissal of all students within the program.
- Provide assistance and support to other staff members within the program.
- Review, check, correct and compile a variety of information; verify data for accuracy, completeness and compliance with established procedures; input and retrieve computerized data in computer systems as required.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of records, logs and files including information of a confidential nature; maintain confidentiality of information and records.
- Interpret and apply rules and regulations as appropriate.
- Create a culture of teamwork and comradery, encouraging communication and support throughout the after-school program staff.
- Supervises ASES staff at assigned site as well as students
- Other duties as assigned.