Recreation/ARC - Afterschool Recreation Club Counselor
Lake Bluff Recreation Center
The After School Club (ARC) Counselor is responsible for providing after school care and guidance to school aged children.
This is a part time position working 2 – 4 days per week. The general hours for this position are Monday thru Friday 3:00pm – 6:00pm during the school year. During school closure days hours will be 8:00am – 6:00pm. The pay range for this position is $9.25 - $14.00 per hour.
- Facilitate recreational activities.
- Cooperation with the entire staff in working together for the welfare of the children and program.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with other staff.
- Maintain a professional image and enforce all rules, regulations, and work to create a safe environment.
- Performs the job safely and in compliance with Park District policies, procedures, work and safety rules.
- Demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of all safety and first aid procedures.
- Accept responsibility for the cleanliness of the facility as assigned.
- Clean up the facility prior to closing.
- Employee must possess the ability to deal with residents, staff and job responsibilities under stressful conditions
The ARC Counselor must be at least 16 years of age. Must have current First-Aid, CPR, and AED certification or able to obtain within 90 days. Must demonstrate maturity, reliability, imitative and responsibility and show genuine interest in character youth development. Previous school-aged experience preferred. Must possess excellent customer service skills; friendly and outgoing; the first person to greet guests. Must be able to handle concerns, complaints and/or compliments in a professional and respectful manner.
- Capable of communicating and working effectively with the public and all levels of Park District staff
- Able to maintain self-control and composure in difficult situations
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and or/supervision
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to new situations
- Must be articulate, personable, and able to speak to patrons
- Should possess enthusiasm and drive with a desire to accomplish goals and objectives
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere as well as independently