Seeking enthusiastic, energetic Afterschool Group Leaders at Tobin Beaudet Afterschool in Needham.
- Part-time positions of 25-30 hours per week
- Two positions available:
- Working with our younger students, ages 4- 7 years old
- Working with our older students 8-13 years old.
- Hours & Schedule: 1:30 - 6:30 pm, 3, 4 or 5 day schedule available
- Positions available immediately
- Extended hours required on public school early release days, school vacation days, and snow days.
- School year position with option of summer employment
- Bring your passion for working with children and your special interests (cooking, art, sports, sewing, music, dance, etc.) to help us make our program for students ages 4 to 13 the very best it can be!
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Establish and maintain a positive interpersonal relationship with all children, faculty and parents/guardians and directs pertinent information as appropriate
- Work closely with all teachers in a team-teaching atmosphere and shares pertinent information, suggestions and ideas on a regular basis
- Develop and implement developmentally appropriate curriculum for individual children and overall group; submit written plans for Site Coordinators/Director on a weekly basis
- Oversee and facilitate the overall general safety of the children’s environment and activities
- Act as a role model for the children regarding appearance and behavior; communicate with children in a clear concise manner
- Supervise indoor and outdoor activities
- Monitor and document issues/concerns/problems as needed
- Attend to the individual needs of children in classroom environment, including hygiene and personal care activities as needed
- Adhere to all established policies, procedures and code of ethics
- Participate in preparing and cleaning up classroom activities and projects to include maintaining a clean environment through the facilities
- Participate in required training programs, conferences, courses or other aspects of professional growth
- Attend staff meetings as required
- Serve as a mandated reporter and reports any suspicion of child abuse or neglect to the Directors for follow through.
- Experience working with children
- Eagerness to join our professional team of educators
- Preferred but not required: Bachelor's Degree and/or Dept. of Education Early Education and Care (EEC) licensing
- $16- $19/hour (based on experience & education)
About Tobin Beaudet Schools
Nurturing, Educating & Empowering Children
Tobin Beaudet Afterschool & Club 1458 are licensed by The Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care and Nationally Accredited by The Council on Accreditation. Our program was established in 1997 with the philosophy that at the end of each school day, each child should have the opportunity to unwind, play with friends, and continue learning in a home-like environment. Our students enjoy participating in enriching activities, such as sports, foreign languages, cooking, art, yoga, animal science, gardening, and much more! We offer a variety of activities to appeal to all interests.