Sr Instructional Designer/Developer - Ag & Personal Lines
Do you have extensive instructional design experience? Are you a go-getter with high initiative and a positive attitude? Do you thrive in a team work environment where you must multi-task and have strong organizational skills? If so, this Ag & Personal Lines Sr Instructional Designer/Developer opportunity could be a great fit for you!
Who We Are:With Farm Bureau Financial Services, our client/members can feel confident knowing their family, home, cars and other property are protected. We value a culture where integrity, teamwork, passion, service, leadership and accountability are at the heart of every decision we make and every action we take. We’re proud of our more than 75-year commitment to protecting the livelihoods and futures of our client/members and creating an atmosphere where our employees thrive.
What You’ll Do: As our Ag & Personal Lines Sr Instructional Designer/Developer, you will be responsible for the overall development of the instructional design methodology and course programming for our ag and personal lines operations teams. This includes designing, coordinating and creatively developing technical world-class training, working closely with our PC Training & Development Consultant. You will also coordinate the distribution and maintenance of online courses and trainings. This is a growing business area, so we’re looking for someone who can step up and dive right in!
What It Takes to Join Our Team:
- College degree or equivalent plus 6 years of relevant experience required. Insurance experience/background preferred. Graduate courses desired.
- Progress towards industry education is expected.
- Must have or attain working knowledge and/or skills to develop Lectora, Articulate, Flash, and Adobe Captivate tool sets.
- Strong understanding of learning objectives and application to learning processes with the ability to test courses and check for quality assurance.
- Organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills required.
- Must be creative (outside the box thinking skills) and have the ability to design and develop curriculum using specialized learning technologies and advanced instructional design expertise.
- Must keep current on industry trends and make applicable recommendations to keep Farm Bureau’s training initiatives (social media, mobile learning, etc.) relevant.
- Ability to work well with others and on cross-functional teams.
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
***Please submit portfolio or work samples when submitting your resume and application****
What We Offer You:When you’re on our team, you get more than a great paycheck. You’ll hear about career development and educational opportunities. We offer an enhanced 401K with a match, low cost health, dental, and vision benefits, and life and disability insurance options. We also offer paid time off, including holidays and volunteer time, casual Fridays and teams who know how to have fun. Add to that an onsite wellness facility with fitness classes and programs, a daycare center, a cafeteria, and even an onsite medical clinic. Farm Bureau....where the grass really IS greener!
If you're interested in joining a company that appreciates its employees, provides growth and professional development opportunities, and offers great benefits, we invite you to apply today!