The Data & Analytics team is organized around world-class data, advanced data science and automation to drive business value for the Kimberly-Clark organization. We are a group of curious people and critical thinkers focused on solving the problems of the day and opportunities of the future through applied intelligence and data science. This critical role will help improve K-C’s journey in becoming a data-driven organization and will become an expert at selling and demonstrating the “art of possible” with analytics. The right person for this role is proactive with stakeholders, a self-starter who can work under broad direction, and passionate about storytelling with data.
Our growing team seeks an analytic and creative thinker who is experienced with analytics platforms to create insights at scale, capable of developing a point of view, sharing findings with leaders across K-C’s B2B organization, and turning them into action while building data science solutions to get business value out of them.
Key Areas of Expertise and Accountabilities
Domain knowledge: Expertise in CPG/B2B and ability to identify the value for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in the business context. Must understand key operational CPG/B2B metrics and their impact on profit and loss, revenue, customer retention, etc.
General technical fluency: Strong acumen in quantitative analytics and structured problem solving. Must be able to interpret model results and identify potential model errors. Ability to communicate data science features and capabilities to internal and external stakeholders in order to identify business needs and uncover areas in need of deeper data exploration.
An entrepreneurial spirit and Agile mind-set: Enthusiasm, commitment and business savviness to help remove technical roadblocks that might emerge and ability to anticipate them. Ability to build and iterate through prototypes when building out solutions and act as a trusted advisor.
- Acting as a trusted advisor for business partners and business teams, the Analytics Translator will answer new questions and provide leadership and direction in building out K-C’s journey to take information to insights that drive business results.
- Accountable for the development of Advanced Analytics on existing data sets and capabilities for Kimberly Clark and for building out capabilities that will provide K-C with competitive edge around prescriptive, predictive and alert-based analytics.
- Drive opportunities to reuse the same reporting environment across multiple solutions and regions that are imbedded.
- Work collaboratively with business clients, business partners and across the IT organization to define, prototype, and implement new technologies to enable business objectives.
- Deliver innovative, efficient and cost-effective solutions to meet enterprise needs and to drive business growth and profitability.
- Provide thought leadership in emerging data and analytic technologies (i.e., Microsoft Azure, R, Python, Analytics Cloud, Power BI, Tableau, Natural Language Query, etc.) and ability to leverage the Big Data and Analytics into viable use cases and ultimately into successful data-driven products and services.
Required Qualifications and Experiences:
- B.S., B. A. degree. A master’s degree in a related field is preferred but not required.
- 10+ years of equivalent experience in information technology influencing large, remote, global teams and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Advanced Analytics space
- Strong experience in IT (or equivalent) influencing large, remote, global teams and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Advanced Analytics space and broad knowledge in Data Wrangling, Data Engineering and Data Science.
- Strong knowledge of front-end tools including Tableau and Power BI as well as SAP Business Objects.
- Strong background in SAP HANA, Microsoft Azure and Python preferred.
- Strong functional background to have solid understanding of CPG business along with detailed technical knowledge to generate insights from data. Understands the range of and potential measurements & models needed in a large CPG business.
- Demonstrated skills in analytics delivery, client relationship management, keen sense of urgency in delivering results, business knowledge, intuition and judgment, high cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity, effective communication/collaboration.
- Excellent visual & design skills in data representation.
- Extensive experience bringing data together from multiple platforms and showcase in easy-to-understand visualizations. Skills in turning data into insights.
- Experience leading IT projects and/or programs with strong SDLC experience including Agile/Waterfall methodologies. Exposure to Agile fundamentals.
- PROCESS - Continuous Learning (In-Depth)
- PROCESS - Enterprise Agile (Working)
- PROCESS - Outcomes (Basic)
- TECHNICAL CSA - Identity Access & Management (Basic)
- TECHNICAL DnA - Advanced Analytics (In-Depth)
- TECHNICAL DnA - Analytics Platform (In-Depth)
- TECHNICAL DnA - Artificial Intelligence (Working)
- TECHNICAL DnA - Self Service Analytics (Working)
- TECHNICAL EnA - APIs (Basic)
- TECHNICAL EnA - Enterprise Automation (Basic)
- TECHNICAL INF - Digital Workplace (Basic)
- TECHNICAL INF - Unified Cloud and Edge Computing (Basic)
- ΩFUNCTIONAL - Business Acumen (Basic)
- ΩFUNCTIONAL - Data Analysis (In-Depth)
- ΩFUNCTIONAL - Information Management (In-Depth)
- ΩFUNCTIONAL - Information Security (Working)
- ΩFUNCTIONAL - Information Systems Coordination (Working)
- ΩFUNCTIONAL - Innovation (Working)
- ΩFUNCTIONAL - Requirements Gathering & Analysis (In-Depth)
- ΩFUNCTIONAL - Technical Specialism (Working)
- ΩFUNCTIONAL - Thought Leadership (Working)
- ΩPROCESS - Leadership Dimensions (Working)
- ΩTECHNICAL - Digital Platforms (Basic)
- Working for the global organization that focuses heavily on its people development, with a long history and a great corporate culture
- The role is a great development opportunity - for the next 3 years our company will be focusing heavily on analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence, investing in new products and analytics tools.
- A unique opportunity to take part in digital transformation working with cutting edge technologies.
- Attractive employment conditions (competitive salary, benefits package, flexible work)
- Possibility to work with international teams with the best IT professionals from all over the world
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 135-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.