As an Agile Project Manager at Noblis you will be part of our Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) team. As part of the Noblis CMS team you will be assisting all components of CMS with the effective planning, control, and monitoring of mission-critical projects being implemented by CMS as they modernize business processes and supporting systems and operations due to legislative drivers and CMS strategic initiatives in a collaborative and efficient manner.
As an Agile Project Manager you will:
- Lead, conduct analysis and recommend process improvements that fosters agility, innovation and cost savings
- Address both the technological and service aspects of IT delivery when working with our clients to implement a transformation
- Create persuasive reports, supported by objective analyses, in order to facilitate decision-making
- Develop presentations and reports conveying complex information
- Innovate using lean and agile methodologies and tools (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, HipChat)
- Interface directly with our CMS clients
- Provide technical direction and quailty review to junior team members in the creation of client deliverables
- Provide overall CLIN management to ensure day to day activities completed on time, with the higest quality, and are within the task on the contract
- Oversee the development of CLIN level project management artifacts (project schedules, status updates/reports) as well as technical briefings
- Work with Senior Leadership to drive account growth
- Facilitate the Agile Release at a program or product level and then is responsible for program execution, escalating impediments, managing risk, and helping drive program-level continuous improvement
- Facilitate program events such as Release Planning, Inspect & Adapt, and the Scrum of Scrums.
- Ensure the mission execution, leads and facilitates software delivery teams through development and delivery, acts as Agile PO Sync and Scrum of Scrum Master, and is Agile an Agile facilitator and can coach at the Portfolio, Program, and Team levels
- Provide guidance in Agile, Scrum, and leads Agile delivery teams consisting of a mix of client and contractor staff.
- Supports project teams and clients with project startup and Agile transformations
- Supports teams in architectural runway development and work break-down and serve as an expert on Agile software principles to clients, engineering managers, developers, quality engineers, UX engineers, software designers, and architects
The CMS is the largest healthcare coverage provider with over 145 million Americans that rely on the programs CMS administers including Medicare, Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), and the Exchanges. CMS processed 1,250,257,000 claims and paid providers $701.8 billion dollars in FY 2018. These systems are supported by an IT budget of $2.8 billion, as reflected in the FY 2019 Operating Plan.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience (Health IT, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Business).
- Minimum of 8 years experience Bachelor's degree, or 5 years experience with Master's degree
- 3+ years experience managing the program level of SAFe Agile (planning and executing the Program Increment)
- Experience in management consulting or equivalent role, including the practical application of strategic frameworks, methodologies and approaches to address organizational challenges
- Ability to thrive in an ever changing, technology based consulting environment
- Ability to translate technical requirements into business solutions including experience analyzing current state quantitative and qualitative data, summarizing findings, developing conclusions, and making strategic recommendations
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to adapt, with willingness to readily take ownership of tasks and problems, which often extend beyond initial scope of responsibility
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, JIRA and Confluence
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to present a polished and professional image to clients
- Experience developing proposals, request for information, and client presenting briefings
- Experience as a Scrum Master
- Master’s degree in IT Management, Health Policy, Systems Engineering, Operations Management, Health Systems Management, Healthcare Administration, or related fields is a plus.
- Certified SAFe®4 Program Consultant (SPC)
- Scaled Agile Program Consulting (SPC) or Release Train Engineer (RTE) Certifications
- PMI Certifications or Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Experience working with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at noblis.org/about.
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. including as a Washignton Post "Top Employer" for 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, and 2014. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.