Requisition ID: 34954
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of the world's leading major home appliance company.
As an Agile Coach for Global Information Systems (GIS), your role is to act independently, under general direction, to coach Scrum Masters and Agile Teams as we become an Agile enterprise. This role is in the GIS Global Product Organization (GPO) and supports the GIS GPO function globally. Collaboration and coordination with counterparts globally is critical. You will drive an Agile culture and work practices throughout the GIS GPO function and the greater GIS organization. This role will bring industry best practices, training, and coaching on Agile practices and tools to GIS GPO, and establish strategic and operational roadmaps for Agile within the function.
- Drive an Agile culture within Global Information Systems - Global Product Organization (GIS GPO)
- Be a trusted partner, thought leader, and subject matter expert for Agile transformations and practices
- Create and execute Agile strategic and operational roadmaps for GIS GPO with the goal to reduce time to market for business value delivery
- Deliver compelling communications using multiple channels and to multiple audiences (functional teams, senior leadership, etc.) on Agile strategic and operational roadmaps
- Establish curriculums and training materials, and conduct hands-on training for all levels of GIS GPO on existing or new Agile practices and using tools effectively
- Provide coaching, mentorship and guidance for Scrum Masters and Agile Teams, ensuring Agile practices are understood and followed (such as user story creation and estimation)
- Establish Agile metrics to demonstrate improvements, compliance, and value delivery
- Develop long-term partnerships with GIS and GPO leadership, colleagues and suppliers to contribute to GIS GPO's strategic roadmap. Provide insight into the future direction of the industry and how it applies to achieving Whirlpool's goals and objectives
- Bring industry (outside-in) perspectives and thought leadership into your work, execute on best practices, and develop and improve on business processes
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 plus years' experience in software development building Agile teams, utilizing an Agile framework and supporting tools
- Experience working in an Agile training/coaching role with exposure to large organizational transformations
- Proven experience leading, coaching and mentoring teams
- Ability to network across multiple functions with proven track record of winning the confidence and trust of colleagues
- Passionate, strategic, creative thinker
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with systems development life cycles including Waterfall and Agile
- Certified Scrum Master
- Certified Agile Coach
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world's leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter. Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend into every concept of home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Additional information about the company can be found on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
Job Segment: Social Media, Outside Sales, Information Systems, Geology, GIS, Marketing, Sales, Technology, Engineering