Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for an Agile Coach to work at Fidelity in Durham, NC.
Fidelity is looking for CHANGE AGENTS with a passion for mentorship and supporting teams to transform their behaviors towards an Agile way of working.
You have a track record of optimally leading Agile Transformation initiatives with a proven background in software development lifecycle. Additionally, you will be a premier, mature and organizationally savvy leader with a broad understanding of technology's impact. They will also be high-reaching, proactive, driven & have a customer centric mentality.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Able to transform multiple (5+) squads or teams from hybrid and waterfall software development practices to Scrum and Kanban where applicable.
- Extended track record of delivering training in a manner than ensures knowledge transfer
- Specialized skill set in one or more of the following: Technical, Product Management, Project Management, test automation or User Experience
- Track record of resolving impediments that exist outside of the squad environment. For example, working with line managers to prepare the technical environment for squads, or align squad structure to ensure success (e.g. collaborating with Enterprise Architecture group to on-board/off-board Enterprise Architects into a squad for the first few sprints.)
- Demonstrable experience, 5+ years, implementing various scaling frameworks.
- Experience collecting, interpreting, and communicating team metrics depicting progress/maturity.
- Experience with JIRA, AgileCraft, Mural, Confluence, and MS Teams
- Excellent communication and people-interaction skills
The Purpose of Your Role
You will work with multiple squads, engaging with Senior Leaders, Tribe Leaders, Squad Leaders and squad members to help build and reinforce the Agile mindset and to embed Agile principles in the day to day work. Examples include: ensuring multi-functional partnership; ensuring key stakeholders are engaging as needed (e.g., Squad Leader with Chapter Leader); establishing the MVP mindset and approach; checking that backlogs are being prioritized using value-focused KPIs as criteria, etc.
The Skills You Bring
- You will be a thought partner to the Squad Leader and to the Squad, supporting them in identifying solutions to obstacles as they arise
- You will regularly assess Squads’ Agile maturity, which will inform your coaching and development approach for each Squad
- You will bring your intellectual curiosity, love of learning new skills and capabilities, e.g., Agile/Scrum principles to influence change
- You will share innovative and creative thinking in order to solve problems and get things done
- You have a deep background in coaching and developing people and squads, and in influencing behavior change towards constant improvement
- You provide strong influencing skills to line up with up, down and across the organization
- You have a commitment to our new way of working through greater collaboration and breaking down of silos
The Value You Deliver
As a strong change agent and having a love and passion for mentorship, you will influence the attitude and behaviors, including those of senior leaders, towards adopting changes and implementing Agile principles across the business. You will be courageous and comfortable substantial, advising, and coaching Squad Leaders, Tribe Leaders and Senior Leaders by embodying Fidelity leadership principles.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Agile Coaches support multiple squads within a Tribe and work with the Tribe and Squad Leaders to resolve issues relating to dependencies between these squads. The Agile Coach will be responsible for ensuring that the technical environment and squad knowledge is in place to ensure the squads and their work can operate in an Agile manner. The Agile coach will work with other coaches in the coaches community to help grow the overall maturity of the OSG organization.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and furthering a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates.
We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skillset and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource.
For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.