Veritude is hiring a Sr. Agile Coach at Fidelity Investments in Durham, NC. The Agile Coach will be responsible for leading, planning and implementing the Agile adoption & transformation initiative for multiple development teams, newly created for a strategic, complex and high-impact Agile development initiative. You will be responsible and accountable for designing and executing STRATEGIES for deciding Software Development Framework, Product Backlog planning process, best Engineering and Quality Engineering practices and End-To-End Software Delivery Life Cycle process for this initiative.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of successfully leading Agile Transformation initiatives with a strong background in software development lifecycle.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will be a seasoned, mature and organizationally savvy leader with a broad understanding of technology's impact. And Energetic, Self-motivated, Value-driven & of Customer centric mindset.
- Assessing, Analyzing, Tracking and Reporting the initial (current) and later (ongoing) Agile State of the development teams, using Agile Maturity Model
- Train (Classroom /Workshop style setup), Coach, Mentor and Advise Technology, Business, Support & Mgmt teams on Agile Values, Principles, Methodology, Framework and Good Business, Quality / Engineering practices
- Lead in planning & implementing the development and delivery strategies like Development Framework, Delivery Methodology, Team Structure, UX Design, Build and Deployment, Distributed Development etc.
- Coach, Mentor and Guide in Agile Release planning, kickoffs, Iteration Planning, SOS & other meeting facilitation
- Coach and Mentor in good practices such as Product backlog setup, Identifying project interdependencies (Internal & External), Identify risks & mitigation, Establishing DOD, Story Point Estimation techniques, High-level Technical Design planning etc.
- Encourage & Promote the good engineering practices like Unit Testing, Code reviews, Pair Programming, TDD, ATDD etc.
- Encourage & Promote good Quality Engineering practices & Requirements capturing techniques to the teams to improve in areas such as Manual & Automated Testing & Product backlog refinement & maintenance etc.
- Guide and Help Scrum Master in arranging and facilitating all Agile ceremonies including, Stand-ups, Reviews, Retrospectives, Refinement, and Sprint & Release planning, SOS etc.
- Guide in Tracking, Measuring & Improving team velocity and sprint/release progress
- Guide and Coach in facilitating Impediment solutions and Conflict resolution in order to improve team productivity while promoting continuous improvement and creating & maintain continuous transparency across the initiative
- Guide and Help define workflows, templates and processes for ALM tools like Jira, RTC, Rally etc. as needed
- Improve Accountability, Self-organization, Self-dependence and Elimination of waste in the system and process
- Develop Scrum Master skills in team members & Coaching skills in Scrum Master for backup and sustainability
- 5+ years of experience in Training, Mentoring & Coaching Dev teams on Agile, Scrum, Kanban & best Quality/Engineering practices
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as a Scrum Master, leading complex multiple technology programs/projects utilizing Agile, Scrum & other Agile methodologies
- Experience using tools like Jira, RTC or Rally
- CSP or SPC or equivalent certification
- Experience Coaching distributed IT teams located in multiple time-zones and in complex environments with onsite-offshore model.
- 15+ years of Overall IT experience with end-to-end experience on large-scale systems development projects & process improvements efforts
- Technology Project Manager / Scrum Master experience in Financial / Investment domain
- Experience working as Software Engineer, Architect or Systems Analysts would be a plus
- Master's Degree in Computer / Software Engineering or equivalent
- Experience of implementing CD & CI in complex setup