At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
Agile Coach will be a strong expert practitioner with skills to educate and help mature multiple scrum teams, with deep knowledge of the practicalities in the agile/lean space. The coach will have a range of skills in teaching, mentoring, facilitating and professional coaching, and their own delivery style which will be a blend of all these techniques. The coach will also work with senior leadership to increase team effectiveness and implement Agile principles.
How you will make an impact:
- Works with Scrum Teams, and programs, to adopt new ways of thinking, and adapt the way they work
- Guides and leads the team to follow agile principles and practices
- Facilitates agile discipline to cultivate effective team dynamics and nurture team to self-direct, embrace and exhibit the agile mindset
- Conducts new team workshops in partnership with other Agile coaches
- Guides teams through standard daily activities, with intention of upskilling the Scrum Master/team, and transferring accountability over initial sprints (model, coach, and empower)
- Coaches to positively reinforce an Agile mindset, practices, and skills to teams and individuals
- Mentors Scrum Masters and Product Owners to enable innovative servant leadership and empowerment of teams
What we look for:
- Experienced in a Scrum Master role for at least five years enterprise environment leading multiple teams, both onsite and offshore.
- Knowledge of Agile approaches – Kanban, Scrum, XP, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile techniques – Automated Testing, User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Testing, Pairing, Agile Games, etc.
- Experience coaching in a variety of organizational settings.
- Extensive track record of introducing best practices, overcoming challenges and ensuring that the team has all necessary skills to make them successful.
- Ideally, the Agile Coach will have actual past experience playing all three of the main roles (or very similar roles) somewhere in their background.
- Proven competencies expected for expert scrum role – i.e. comes to the role with the advanced scrum / knowledge competencies defined for senior level.
- Subject matter expert in facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution.
- Expert practitioner with skills to educate and help mature Scrum teams.
- Expert in various agile methodologies, SAFe, Scrum, Kanban, XP.
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple levels, from the Scrum team to leadership.
- Demonstrated experience with Visioning, Road-mapping, Release Planning, Iterative Planning/Continuous Planning (Scrum/Kanban events).
- Proven ability to coach and mentor others.
- Strategic perspective in enabling planning, continuous improvement, and thoughtful data driven decisions.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. As an employee you’ll take part in our mission to become the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Professional Development
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Vacation/paid time off