Veritude is seeking an Agile Coach for Fidelity Investments. This position can be based in Westlake, TX., Smithfield, RI, Merrimack, NH or Durham, NC.
Fidelity is looking for CHANGE AGENTS with a passion for coaching and supporting teams to transform their behaviors towards an Agile way of working.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Multiple (5+) engagements standing up squads or teams to operate utilizing Agile Project Management and Software Development Practices
- Extended track record of delivering training in a manner than ensures knowledge transfer
- Specialized skill set in one or more of the following: Technical, Product Management, Project Management or User Experience
- Track record of resolving impediments that exist outside of the squad environment. For example, working with line managers to prepare the technical environment for squads, or align squad structure to ensure success (e.g. collaborating with Enterprise Architecture group to on-board/off-board Enterprise Architects into a squad for the first few sprints.)
- Excellent communication and people-interaction skills
The Purpose of Your Role
You will work with multiple squads, engaging with Senior Leaders, Tribe Leaders, Squad Leaders and squad members to help build and reinforce the Agile mindset and to embed Agile principles in the day to day work. Examples include: ensuring cross-functional collaboration; ensuring key stakeholders are engaging as needed (e.g., Squad Leader with Chapter Leader); establishing the MVP mindset and approach; checking that backlogs are being prioritized using value-focused KPIs as criteria, etc.
The Skills You Bring
- You will be a thought partner to the Squad Leader and to the Squad, supporting them in identifying solutions to obstacles as they arise
- You will regularly assess Squads’ Agile maturity, which will inform your coaching and development approach for each Squad
- You will bring your intellectual curiosity, love of learning new skills and capabilities, e.g., Agile principles to influence change
- You will share innovative and creative thinking in order to solve problems and get things done
- You have a deep background in coaching and developing people and squads, and in influencing behavior change towards constant improvement
- You provide strong influencing skills to achieve alignment up, down and across the organization
- You have a commitment to our new way of working through greater collaboration and breaking down of siloes
The Value You Deliver
As a strong change agent and having a love/passion for coaching, you will influence the mindset and behaviors, including those of senior leaders, towards embracing changes and implementing Agile principles across the business. You will be courageous and comfortable challenging, advising, and coaching Squad Leaders, Tribe Leaders and Senior Leaders by embodying Fidelity leadership principles.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Agile Coaches support multiple squads within a Tribe and work with the Tribe and Squad Leaders to resolve issues relating to dependencies between these squads. The Agile Coach will be responsible for ensuring that the technical environment and squad knowledge is in place to ensure the squads and their work can operate in an Agile manner. The Agile coach will work with other coaches in the Tribe to help grow the overall maturity of the Tribe in their Agile abilities.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com