EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
As an Agile Product Manager (APM) you are the primary resident expert for a subset of EIS software products or services and understand how those products fit into the overarching product strategy. You will be responsible for the effective translation of business objectives into clearly defined product feature definitions for APIs, Authentication Methods, and Customer Configurations. You will serve as the point person on those features throughout the development lifecycle. As a connecting point between product management and technology you will utilize a unique blend of business and technical savvy to make the company vision a reality. This position requires leadership and collaboration across the organization to align priorities, gain consensus, and remove impediments with the goal of a continuous flow of valuable enhancements to our products and services.
As a member of the Platform product management team, you will take an active role in amplifying the voice of end-users and the product line strategy to your development teams. You will participate in user testing and user research, data-driven product analysis, and help monitor key technology trends to ensure positive outcomes for the evolution EIS.
What you’ll do
· As a key member of a program leadership team, you will work with multiple agile development teams as part of an agile release train to deliver great products and services to our customers
· Know your product and customer details and contribute a genuine passion and enthusiasm for the product, the customer, and the company mission
· Work with business initiative owners to define their vision and business requirements as a set of well written features describing the functionality of the software or service, and which have clear acceptance criteria
· Collaborate with software architects to ensure the necessary technical capabilities are in place on which to build high performing, secure, and extensible software features
· Maintain an actionable and prioritized agile release train backlog comprised of product features and technical enablers
· Ensure high quality software releases to our customers
· Proactively communicate progress, decisions, impediments, and risks
· Promote continuous improvement and lead agile release train level change initiatives
· Collaborate with user experience experts and user interface designers to ensure features have supporting documentation and design for an engaging customer experience
· Work with product management, technology, and sales leaders to understand the business drivers, product/market intent, and customer expectations and represent those needs to sequence the work to the agile release train
· Manage and coach one or more Agile Product Owners
Who you are
· Lead by example and is self-confident but humble
· Operate with a defined vision and a bias for action
· A self-directed, rapid learner
· Not content with the status quo and able to break down barriers to pull the company forward
· Exhibit passion and excitement regarding your work
· Tenacious and willing to go the distance to get things done
· Collaborative by choice and doesn’t make decisions in isolation
· Passionate about improving the responsiveness and quality of the solutions delivered
· Adaptable to changing priorities and conditions and copes effectively with ambiguity and complexity
· Effective written and face-to-face communicator
Skills or experience that you need
· Five or more years working in a Product Management, Product Owner, or Business Analyst capacity in a software delivery capacity OR equivalent experience.
· Two or more years working in lean-agile software development environment
Skills or experience that sets you apart
· Experience in the use of a variety of business analysis tools and techniques to aid in the breakdown of large chunks of work, elicit requirements, or make decisions
· Can derive actionable insights from customer usage data
· Practical experience with A/B or multivariate testing
· A proven track record of product management and delivery of world-class consumer facing software or services
· Experience working within a Lean-agile software product development method, such as Scrum, Kanban, or SAFe
· A history of mentoring and coaching peers and junior team members in a software development environment.
· A track record of highlighting difficult, systemic problems and working with others to define and implement effective solutions
· An understanding of technical systems at a level sufficient enough to assist with decision making and sequencing of key technology improvements that are needed to execute dependent features and functionality
· Leadership and coaching skills. Ability to successfully improve team performance through exemplary conduct, emotional intelligence, and non-intrusive teaching.
· 1+ years of experience with software development in AWS
· Bachelors’Degree in Computer Science or related technical field, Masters in Library Information Services
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment:Manager, Product Manager, Computer Science, Business Analyst, Marketing, Management, Operations, Technology