About the Team
You will be part of the Digital PMO team at our San Francisco retail/ecommerce client. You'll be designing, building, and delivering key components of our ecommerce software platform. Online sales drive 53% of sales revenue across our clients' brands. Our client is growing the Digital team and investing in exciting initiatives that are changing the customer's shopping experience. We're focused on integrating the purchase and pickup flow across online and stores, cross-brand shopping and gifting, building augmented-reality home design tools, and delivering personalized loyalty programs.
About the Role
In the Agile Program Manager role, you will lead teams in the development and delivery of software.
Our scrum teams are co-located and responsible for engineering and testing within their feature area. As a team scrum master, you guide your teams so that together you deliver awesome software. You ensure your teams embrace a lean and agile approach, and coach them to deliver to their full potential.
You will also lead programs that the teams are working on: ensuring programs have clarity of scope and design, business-stakeholder alignment, and brand implementation engagement. You will facilitate team presentations to executives, and drive the resolution of issues and elimination of ambiguity that are inhibiting team velocity. As a program manager, you will manage coordination of scrum and non-scrum teams across the organization, and will be the engine moving your programs forward.
This role reports to the Manager, Digital PMO.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
* Lead the definition of program roadmaps, working with product and executive leadership.
* Drive decisions on priority, scope, and design to ensure lean and rapid deployment.
* Own program communications at all levels across Technology and Business stakeholders.
* Coordinate work across scrums teams, across the Technology organization, and across Brands.
* Partner with product owners to ensure team backlogs are groomed and ready.
* Act as an agile leader to remove, or drive resolution of, impediments to the teams' progress.
* Track the teams' velocity, and identify ways to improve velocity, estimation, and quality.
* Facilitate and lead scrum ceremonies: stand-ups, sprint planning, demos, and retrospectives.
* Work with engineering to maintain/improve coding, automated testing, and release standards.
* Coach the team - seek to unlock the energy and potential of the team to be the best it can be.
Why you will love working here:
* We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
* A technologically and data-driven business
* Competitive salaries, and comprehensive health benefits
* We're at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
* We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
* We get to be creative on a daily basis
* A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
* We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
* We have fun!
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Desired Skills and Experience
We're excited about you because...
* You have a BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field (or equivalent experience).
* You've been working for 15 years or more in software development, ideally in eCommerce.
* For 5 years, you have led teams building software using Agile, Scrum, or Lean methodologies.
* You have managed the delivery of programs that have had a measurable business impact.
* You demonstrate a solid understanding of what it takes to develop great software, fast.
* You've got an entrepreneurial energy and ability to find solutions to challenges your teams face.
* You're a star at coaching teams on backlog prioritization, story-writing, and story estimation.
* You communicate concisely.
* You are a leader who influences others to choose the right path.
* You work like a coach in your passion to get your teams to perform at their best.
* You have scrum certification: ideally CSP, at least CSM, and preferably SAFe as well.
* You're PMP certified or have some other certification in project management.
* You can get the job done using JIRA, Confluence, and Slack.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178