We are looking for an Agile Project Manager on behalf of our client, Fidelity Investments. This position is located in Covington, KY This is a 6+ month contract role.
Resumes to email@example.com
As an Agile PM, you will be responsible for planning and managing various initiatives to quality, schedule and cost while accomplishing stated objectives. You will be responsible to provide overall direction across various disciplines for successful completion of projects.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of successfully leading Agile project management processes with a strong background in software development life cycle. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be a seasoned, mature and organizationally savvy leader with a broad understanding of technology's impact. Energetic and self-motivated, the ideal candidate will be of a value-driven & customer centric mindset. The individual will be highly process oriented with experience of successfully implementing complex projects in a large organization.
- PM: Plan, execute, monitor, track and report large-scale technology projects using traditional and Agile development processes & techniques.
- SM: Act as a Scrum Master for 2-3 Agile teams and mentor and coach team members on Agile principles and methodology
- SM: Understands and enforces the development and unit testing
- SM: Lead, Arrange and facilitate all Agile ceremonies including, Stand-ups , Reviews, Retrospectives, Grooming, and Sprint & Release planning
- SM: Tracking and communicating team velocity and sprint/release progress to all affected teams and management using Agile estimating techniques
- SM: Facilitating discussion and conflict resolution in order to improve team productivity while promoting continuous improvement
- SM: Responsible for making sure that daily task status and hours are being updated by team on ALM systems such as Jira/RTC to provide transparency on product and sprint backlogs
- SM: Facilitating teams in making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition
- PM: Develop and maintain project plans, resource utilization schedules and budget materials for multiple simultaneous projects and operational activities
- PM: Coordinate and drive project activities to deliver required functionality on time and within budget
- PM: Closely monitor project resources, tasks, risks and milestones. Make course corrections when necessary using defined change control procedures
- PM: Provide accountability for the financial management and budgeting process for projects
- 8+ years of proven Technology Project Management experience
- 3 + years leading complex multiple technology programs/projects utilizing Agile/SCRUM
- Experience using tools such as RTC or Jira
- Experience leading distributed teams located in multiple time-zones and in complex environments and onsite-offshore model
- Experience in budget management, analysis, measurement, and governance
- Experience in mentoring team members on Agile/SCRUM best practices
- End to end experience with large-scale systems development projects and process redesign efforts
- Leadership and command skills with a strong presence and the ability to “rally” a project team
- Experience of product implementation with clients (internal & external)
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, across multiple and diverse business and systems groups and participate in continual process improvement
- Ability to understand technical systems documentation and interact with systems resources
- Experience working as Software Programmer or Systems Analysts would be a plus
- Practical experience working on Investment Management projects in Financial Industry
- Master's Degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Previous experience or knowledge of TDD (Test Driven Development)
- PMP/CSM/PMI-ACP or equivalent certification