Job ID: 910690
Position: Agile Project Manager
Client: Fortune 10 Company
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Contract Length: 3 month contract to start but will be extended to 6 months
* Manage Online Software Development project activities for multiple projects across all project phases, including initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure.
* Work collaboratively with development team, lead architect and the management to determine technical direction and approach to system design and implementation, including both brand products and supporting systems.
* Create, manage and track project vehicles, including, but not limited to: o Project schedules o Detailed project plans o Project scope statements o Cost estimates o Resource plans o Risk and issues logs o Status reports
* Tailor project management, development and support processes to meet the needs of individual (new and/or ongoing) projects.
* Manage the day-to-day activities of projects and staff; communicate with project teams as necessary to ensure project deliverables are on schedule and within cost parameters.
* Communicate and collaborate with internal and external customers as needed in regards to project deliverables including managing expectations, presenting and interfacing with sponsors.
* Make decisions and communicate trade-offs and risks; drive key decisions across projects.
* Make recommendations to management about schedules, prioritization and resource allocation with input from team members.
* Provide ongoing project plan/status reporting for use by account managers, clients and management.
* Provide input into strategic planning and asset creation processes.
* Manage resource planning and organizational capacity planning.
* Coach and train project team members on Software Development processes and best practices.
* Contribute to the design and coding of products.
* Manage up to 3 Scrum teams of 5 to 7 team members each to execute projects.
* Contribute to program level activities including M&A activities.
* Demonstrable experience of engagement with Engineering Teams - Configuration Management, Deployment tools, and Continuous Integration - to execute infrastructure projects.
* Flexibility to engage with team in non-regular hours.
* Maturity to navigate and work with senior engineering folks and still get things done. Be a role model servant-leader to bring value to the business with process and tools.
* Demonstrable experience of process improvements in agile world.
* Agile Lifecycle Expertise - preferably coaching/mentoring new Agile Teams.
* B.S. or B.A. degree in Business Administration, Management, Project Management, Computer Science or related field
* 3+ years of hands-on Agile experience Preferred Qualifications:
* eCommerce or Retail experience
* Experience leading Software, eCommerce, or SaaS/Cloud based projects
* Five years of experience in a technology environment, including 2-3 years of practical professional experience in project management.
* Experience managing multiple dependencies in project and program delivery
* Ability to guide multiple scrum teams concurrently
* Fundamental understanding of web-based systems programming and development.
* Proficient with MS Project or similar software and MS Office applications.
* Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional project teams.
* Ability to adjust and set priorities to meet deadlines.
Day to Day:
Will be working with multiple teams. Driving and communicating with all stakeholders.
Need experience supporting medium to large scale programs.
Supply-chain experience is a nice to have.
Experience with Grocery, products, etc. is nice to have.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178