Apex is currently seeking to hire an Agile QA Automation Engineer to support an Information Technology contract in the DC Metro Area.
*Duties and Responsibilities: (Please provide this information in list form)
• Collaborate with a cross-functional Agile team of business analysts, developers, testers and project managers to contribute toward the successful deployment of quality applications.
• Expanding the functionality of existing automation testing frameworks and also working on building and implementing a new automated testing framework to support continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD).
• Write detailed test cases and follow sound QA practices to drive quality in Services-Oriented-Architecture (SOA) software product.
• Supports the development of new feature releases, migration and modernization of legacy programs, as well as, defect remediation on current deployed applications.
• Participates in product design and requirements analysis, works with the team during sprint planning to accurately estimate work and scope release deliverables.
• Designs test approach. Selects appropriate test tools. Aligns test cases to requirements and user stories.
• Perform test mapping establishing where to build automated and manual tests.
• Construct and execute exploratory, system, regression, migration, back-end, and user acceptance tests.
• Writes clear and concise defect reports and works as an empathetic advocate for the customer's quality experience.
• Triages and prioritizes defects for remediation, with the development team.
• Performs functional, regression and automated testing on Android and iOS mobile applications.
Education and Years of Experience:
• B.S in computer science, information systems, computer engineering, or related discipline
• 4 -6 years of experience working in a quality assurance role for an agile software development team
• 2-4 years working with automated testing frameworks
• 1-2 years Android and iOS Mobile software and web applications testing experience.
• Agile certification a plus
Required Skills/Certifications: (Please provide this information in list form)
• In-depth knowledge and experience working with Agile SDLC methodologies and has experience with SCRUM, Kanban, and/or test driven development.
• Expertise with building and enhancing an automated testing framework using Selenium WebDriver and JAVA in a continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) development environment.
• Ability to develop and implement action plans and effectively communicate those plans.
• Proven ability to interpret manual test cases and automate a test case which provides appropriate coverage.
• Fluent with OS/Browser combinations: Windows 7, Mac OS, Android, IOS, IE, Firefox, and Safari.
• Experience with the Rational Jazz Tool Suite a big plus.
• 3-4 years of experience with one or more of the following testing technologies: Selenium, JAVA, Ruby, Python, Cucumber, or other tools designed to facilitate the validation of application quality with functional and regression test scenarios.
• Ability to effectively communicate information, both verbally and written, to end users and executive management, understanding when to speak up and deliver an assertive message in support of the project.
• Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and take initiative in performing tasks.
• Team player must be able to work professionally and collaboratively with the government customer and other contract members of the project team.
• Ability and willingness to multi-task and work in an often fast-paced environment with deadlines.
• Manages time effectively with minimal supervision
• Senior level testing experience is a must and must be able to train, develop and assist junior staff and team members on advanced skills when needed.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178