Fidelity Talent Source is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Scrum Master to work at Fidelity in Smithfield, RI
As a Scrum Master, you will be a member of a highly collaborative, cross-functional Scrum team within Personal Investing (PI). You will advise and lead squads on Agile values, practices and processes to ensure that the squad is fully functional, productive, and passionate about the sprint goal.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Strong understanding of and experience with Agile practices, processes, and artifacts
- Practical and related experiences in leading squads
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), at minimum
The Purpose of Your Role
As a Scrum Master, you will work directly in a squad or team to advise and oversee performance against agile values, practices and processes. Working with the squad leader (or product owner), you will support the work of the squad by maintaining the backlog and facilitating agile ceremonies like stand ups, sprint planning and retrospectives. You will monitor team performance through the squad’s dashboard and help identify continuous improvement opportunities to help the team work better and smarter.
The Skills You Bring
- Your ability to influence behavior without having organizational hierarchy
- Your strong change management skills
- Your ability to brainstorm with the team on solutions to address challenges and roadblocks
- Your excellent communication and people-interaction skills
- Your organized and disciplined nature
- Your continuous improvement mindset
The Value You Deliver
- Encouraging Agile behaviours, reinforcing practices, norms, ceremonies, and supporting the overall Squad performance and effectiveness
- Identifying team improvement opportunities and looking externally for best practices to support continuous improvement
- Managing and coordinating logistics for Agile ceremonies and practices, e.g., backlog maintenance, sprint planning, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives
- Ensuring all work is tracked in the backlog and properly balanced across team members
- Maintaining and updating the Squad's process metrics and artifacts to ensure accurate and transparent communications to stakeholders
- Driving a collaborative and supportive team culture through team building and engagement practices
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Everyone craves a way of working that empowers them to unleash their best work and inspire better futures for more people. Our way of working will enable you to deliver what matters most to our business, our clients and our people. By being wired for speed and innovation with support, coaching, and a regular dose of inspiration, your skill sets will be applied to our aligned initiatives providing you the opportunity to quickly make a difference in our customers’ lives.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.