Primary Location: United States (US)- Iowa -
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Agronomist, Sustainability Solutions (50080702)- 69335
As an Agronomist, Sustainability Solutions for John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group, located in Des Moines, IA, Moline, IL or San Francisco, CA, you will understand, evaluate and recommend farming practices that enable customers to achieve their sustainability goals. In addition, you will:
- Integrate appropriate agronomic and scientific concepts into Deere's technology solutions
- Bridge theoretical concepts with data that is available to determine opportunities for developing customer solutions
- Serve as a consultant and collaborator on a variety of projects to offer expertise on sustainable agronomic practices and experimental design.
- Work in concert alongside science, product management, project management, corporate agronomy, and BD functions to drive solutions forward.
Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position may be located in Des Moines, IA, Moline, IL or San Francisco, CAper the hiring manager's discretion.This may be dependent on the successful candidate's background, experience, and proficiency.
What Skills You Need
- 5 or more years experience in agronomic research or agriculture technology
- 5 or more years experience in farmer advisory or operational capacity
- Melds science and data-based agronomic knowledge with practical in-field application of farming practices
- Unrelenting focus on customer value - identify opportunities for creating financial and non-financial opportunities
- Execution & delivery driven in environment with many stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial spirit - willing to launch early prototypes, learn, and iterate
- Synthesis and strategic thinking skills - able to synthesize complex scientific concepts and link to the problem being solved
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
What Makes You Stand Out
- Direct experience in sustainability and environmental topics
- Experience in entrepreneurial environments
- Understanding and experience implementing novel agri-tech solutions
- Experience in international farming practices in South America or Europe
Ideally, you will have adegree or equivalent experience in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Crop Science, Plant Science, Environmental Science or Agronomy.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click hereto find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.