Work closely with Intrepid’s Sales & Marketing personnel to provide agronomic and technical sales support for our domestic and international customer base to successfully increase the sales of Intrepid’s MOP and Trio products as well as position these products with the appropriate value statement. In addition, assist in the promotion of sound agronomic practices and provide analytical expertise to dealers, growers and prospective customers.
- Provide agronomic and technical sales support as well as training to key accounts and dealers
- Focus on specialty fertilizer products to maximize agronomic benefits
- Assist in crop sales, merchandising and product fill programs
- Participate in the development and action plans of Intrepid’s market development programs and strategies
- Create and improve advertising, marketing, and training materials such as presentations, brochures, tech sheets and product website
- Host and/or participate in various presentations at industry meetings and sales events to promote the use of Intrepid’s products
- Conduct market support activities at customer’s locations
- Present at state, national and international agronomic meetings and interact with The Fertilizer Institute and other industry conferences on research and educational programs
- Conduct competitive market research and communicate feedback to maximize sales, margins and efficiencies. In concert with this, maintain up-to-date competitor information to support sales efforts
- Act as a scientific advisor to management
- Must be able to travel daily with overnight travel up to 40%. Valid and current passport is a requirement for international travel.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy, Plant Science or related field required. Master’s degree preferred
- Previous experience with companies in the fertilizer and/or crop markets that preferably has included sales or sales related activities
- Possess Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) license or able to obtain
- In-depth understanding and extensive knowledge of agronomic requirements for production of healthy crops, with emphasis on understanding variable soil conditions and appropriate agronomic responses to them
- In-depth understanding and in working with diverse markets
- In-depth knowledge of fertilizer, seed and crop protection markets for North America. High level understanding of similar areas for Latin America and south east Asia
- Develop marketing strategies and techniques to increase sales, maximize margins and promote value
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- PC proficiency with Microsoft Office a requirement, Salesforce knowledge would be considered an asset
- Comfortable utilizing and navigating social media outlets
- Ability to design, implement, and report on field trials promoting Intrepid nutrient products
- Proficiency in Spanish would be considered an asset
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.