Alameda Health Partners is seeking a Rheumatologist to join the faculty within Highland Hospital, a Level 1 Trauma Center within Alameda Health System, a major public health system and medical training institution headquartered in Oakland, CA. Alameda Health System serves the diverse community in the greater Oakland area and the remainder of Alameda County. The facility has 235 licensed beds, a faculty of 80 specialists and generalists in the Department of Medicine and is home to several teaching programs. This position provides outpatient clinical care and inpatient consultative services with opportunities for leadership. The position reports to the Chair of Medicine in the Department of Medicine that supports an Internal Medicine Residency Program with ample teaching opportunities. There are also opportunities for clinical research.
Alameda Health System has more than 4,500 employees and 1,100 physicians and comprises three general acute hospitals, two skilled nursing facilities, an inpatient rehabilitation facility, an inpatient psychiatric facility, and four community wellness centers. The Health System is driven by its mission - Caring, Teaching, Healing, Serving All. The heart of its mission is to promote wellness, eliminate disparities, and improve and maintain the health of residents of the diverse communities of Alameda County, regardless of ability to pay.
- Provides direct care and supervises trainees in the inpatient and outpatient settings
- Medical management of conditions including but not limited to gout, lupus, osteoarthritis, inflammatory myositis, rheumatoid arthritis, vasculitis, connective tissue diseases including lupus, and systemic sclerosis
- Perform rheumatology interventional procedures within you approved scope of service based on privileging and credentialing with AHS.
- Participates in committee work for the Division, Department and Hospital
- Leadership in efforts for patient safety and quality of care
- Instruction in diagnosis and management of rheumatologic diseases to medical students and residents by assisting with curricula development, as well as leading bedside and formal didactic teaching
- Provides evaluation of and feedback to trainees
- Fosters a healthy learning environment
- Active participation in multidisciplinary conferences
- Valid California medical license and DEA license
- BC/BE in Rheumatology
- Strong interest in serving the multi-cultural community of Alameda County and working in a safety net environment
- Excellent communication skills in patient care, interpersonal relationships and collaboration