Support Staff/Teacher Assistant
East Elementary School
2019-2020 School Year
Kodiak Island Borough School District
The Kodiak Island Borough School District is accepting applications for an Aide II TTL-I-C at East Elementary. The Aide II works as an assistant to the classroom teacher. Performs aide duties working with students on a one-to-one and/or group basis.
Hours: 1.5 hour per day, 5 days per Week, 9 months per year
Salary: Entry Range 10.5, Step 1: $16.40 per hour
1. Ability to work well with public, students, staff and parents.
2. Ability to carry out tasks assigned by the teacher/supervisor.
3. High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
4. Operate current office technology as appropriate.
5. Ability to maintain confidentiality of students, staff, school business, materials, and information.
6. Ability to safely, regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
1. Identify eligible students needing assistance by teacher referral and other student performance indicators.
2. May be required to administer formal assessment of students under the supervision of certificated personnel.
3. Attend training sessions and/or workshops.
4. Confer with classroom teachers, counselors and students in formulating educational plans for qualifying students (updates educational plans as required).
5. Document students’ involvement and progress in tutoring activities and submit reports as required. Upon completion of tutoring, document the extent of the students’ completions of educational plans.
6. Determine, on a regularly scheduled basis, if there are attendance problems. Follow-up to be made with parents, if needed; work with student, counselor, teacher or parent in preparing a plan for improvement.
7. Maintain regular and timely contact with students, teachers or counselor and documents contact as required.
8. Coordinate book distribution programs as required.
9. Maintain confidentiality of students, staff, school business, materials, and information.
10. Other duties as assigned from time to time.
Application Instructions: Internal and external applicants are required to submit a new or updated District application at the https://www.applitrack.com/kodiakschools/onlineapp/ website.
The Kodiak Island Borough School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.