|Title||Aide - Non-instructional|
|Description||School Bus Aide - Two positions|
Cesar Chavez Academy District
Assist school bus driver(s) in transporting students safely to and from school or to school-sponsored activities. Maintain safe and clean bus conditions, keep necessary records, and communicate effectively with parents, students and staff about transportation-related matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Ride school bus or other assigned vehicle transporting students between home and school or on school-sponsored activities in order to assist the driver(s) in maintaining safety and security on the bus. Monitor student behavior and address any concerns with behavior, conduct or adherence to safety expectations. Follow all assigned safety procedures and school expectations for transportation program.
· Report any incidents, accidents, or safety concerns to school administration. May assist driver in completing related incident reports. Comply fully with any accident investigation, insurance claim processing, safety checks, or other inquiries.
· Participate in any necessary safety drills, training, certification procedures, or other steps required. Submit to random drug tests if required according to U.S. Department of Transportation requirements.
· Implement student procedures to ensure safety on the bus. Make necessary reports to parents and administrators when student behavior is a concern.
· Communicate professionally with students and parents regarding student needs or concerns.
· Maintain a high level of cleanliness on assigned vehicle(s).
· Other duties as assigned.
· Basic writing, reading and communications skills as acquired through a high school diploma or higher. Able to read and understand transportation instructions, safety rules and regulations, and to make written and oral reports to supervisors.
· Able to communicate professionally and politely with students and parents even in stressful situations such as delays, accidents or complaints; able to exercise appropriate supervision of students on the bus and to maintain order and discipline.
· Able to comply with routine safety procedures such as vehicle checks, end-of-shift sweep, and others.
· Clean pre-employment drug test and willingness to submit to random drug testing.