Applications are being accepted for inclusion in the aide pool for the 2019-2020 school year.
Under supervision, to perform a variety of instructional activities; to assist in the conduct of intensified learning experiences; to perform routine clerical and supportive tasks for instructional personnel; and to do other related work as required.
- Assist instructional personnel with the presentation of learning materials and in the conduct of instructional exercises
- Tutor individual students and small groups of students to reinforce and follow up learning activities
- Monitor and assist students in drill, practice, and study activities as a follow-up to the presentation of instructional concepts by instructional personnel
- Direct students into safe learning activities and functions, and assist in the shaping of appropriate social behaviors
- Assist in the management of student behavior through the use of positive strategies and techniques
- Prepare and assist in the preparation of a variety of instructional materials and learning aids for use with individual or small groups of students
- Maintain a variety of records and files, including confidential student records and information
- Operate and assist students in the operation of a variety of instructional media machines and equipment
- May administer and score a variety of criterion referenced and general aptitude tests, and records the test results
- Assist in maintaining an orderly, attractive, and positive learning environment
- Basic concepts of child growth and development, and developmental behavior characteristics
- Student behavior management strategies and techniques
- Appropriate English usage, punctuation, spelling, and grammar
- Basic arithmetical concepts
- Routine record management, storage, and retrieval
- Demonstrate an understanding, patient, and receptive attitude toward students of varied age groups
- Communicate effectively in oral and written form in English
- Perform routine clerical tasks and operate a variety of educational and office related machines and equipment
- Learn to utilize a variety of appropriate instructional materials and procedures in the enhancement of a positive educational environment
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with children and adults
The physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position classification must perform in carrying out essential job functions.
- Persons performing service in this position classification will exert 10 to 20 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry push, pull, or otherwise move objects
- This type of work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve running, walking or standing for brief periods
- Perceiving the nature of sound, near and far visual acuity, depth perception providing oral information, the manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handle and work with various materials and objects are important aspects of this job
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
High school diploma or GED is required.
In accordance with policy GBEC and procedure GBEC-R all new employees must submit to a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
Employee must consent to and provide the necessary documentation (fingerprinting, etc.) to allow for a criminal background check.