LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Helping Families, Changing the World:
Peer Specialist Professionals Make It Possible
Peer Specialist - Pediatrics - Days
At NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center, our Peer Specialist professionals work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team to provide high quality service and care to our patients and their families. You can be a part of the life-changing career journey focused on amazing patient outcomes every step of the way. Each member of the team thrives in a compassionate culture of care and caring. Together, we improve the health of patients and their families, making our communities – and the world – stronger.
This grant funded position will support our Special Needs Clinic, which provides children, adolescents and adults affected by chronic medical conditions with intensive, family-based health treatment. The peer worker will work with our families affected by HIV. Tasks will include: working with patients in the clinic to improve engagement and enhance wellness, conducting home visits or escorting patients to appointments to improve engagement and coordination of care, using Motivational Interviewing to encourage their attendance to clinic appointments, and completing documentation regarding patient services in the Electronic Medical Record.
The work schedule is Monday - Friday, 10:00 am- 6:00 pm. This position is approximately 50% field work/50% clinic based.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certificate of completion of New York State Department of Health AIDS Institute recognized pre-certification Peer Training program
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, 'America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018.' - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 'Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice.' - Glassdoor
- 2018 'Employees' Choice: Top CEOs' - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 '150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare.' - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 'Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals' - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.