Job Title: Air Export Gateway Supervisor
Job Location: Chicago, IL
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure we transport our customers of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. This also includes special transport-related services. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
We have an exciting Career Opportunity for an Air Export Gateway Supervisor that will lead a team of Gateway operations agents. This leadership role will direct and coordinate the day to day operations, negotiate airline spot rates, schedule consolidations, manage vendors and overall support the Air Freight product in the US and Overseas while ensuring client satisfaction.
- Lead team of air gateway agents and manage overall operation and performance of AFR Export Gateway Team
- Help the Gateway Manager with procurement, strategy & negotiations (Rate, Space & Capacity) for air cargo exports with Carriers out of ORD Gateway to ensure best buy rate.
- Ensure continuous improvement processes to increase efficiencies, reduce waste, and improve performance for our customers
- Escalates local carrier performance issues to local suppliers to Key Account Manager and Carrier Management when required
- Provide support to local AFR export (Operations, Aircraft Controlling Custodian, Customer Service) teams for costs, transit times, and routing options
Skills / Requirements:
- Experience with Air Export Gateway operations a strong plus
- Ability to work a Tuesday – Saturday work schedule
- Dangerous Goods (DG) and Hazmat working knowledge required
- Experience working in a unionized work environment a plus
- Strong knowledge of Air Freight product, Gateway, & Warehouse Operations
- Strong knowledge of OAG & TACT rules and Export regulations
- (succession planning)
- Good communication skills
- Associate or Bachelor Degree preferred
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment. You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL. We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance. DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
- Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with a match
- Employee Discount plan
- Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
- Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role