Reports To: Building Administrator
- BA degree, retired military field grade officer or non-commissioned officer.
- Certified as a JROTC instructor by the appropriate service branch.
- Ability to plan, teach, and evaluate instruction in JROTC subjects and provide appropriate education opportunities and co-curricular and extracurricular activities for students.
- Maintain a viable JROTC program.
- Good communication, consultation, and team building skills are also important.
The incumbent may be required to use the followingskills and abilities during any part of the working day: speaking, hearing, visual, reading, writing, word processing, mobility, consistency of temperament, ability to work with a variety of problems at the same time, stamina for working long hours and in stress-producing environments.
Performance Responsibilities:The person will participate in lesson design, formative assessment development, professional development, and overallprogram lesson deliveryplanning. Duties include:
- Lesson planning
- Assisting in the selection and approval of instructional materials, supplies and equipment
- Student instruction
- Maintaining accurate records
- Assisting with curriculum revision when appropriate
- Supervising students in common areas of the building
- Communicating effectively with administrators, parents, and staff
- Assisting with school events
- Supporting the mission of Topeka Public Schools
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal
Terms of Employment:
Salary and work year to be determined by the Board of Education.
Performance of this position will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board policy on evaluation ofprofessional certified personnel.
The performance responsibilities are not limited to those outlined in this description and may include any other responsibilities as assigned by the administrator/supervisor.