Job Title Aircraft Component Repair Technician
Location Savannah, GA 31407
Duration 11 Months
- Avionics component repair - Software install and configuration
- Under moderate supervision, repair and overhaul internal and external aircraft assemblies, subassemblies and components in accordance with Repair Station requirements.
- Apply basic and some advance skills in procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment, as appropriate to area of specialization.
- Perform repairs of mechanical and electrical assemblies and subassemblies through removals, repair or replacement of defective parts and/or fabrication of replacement parts, and installations in accordance with blueprints, component maintenance manuals, vendor documents, verbal instructions, engineering dispositions, and other authorized maintenance data.
- All activities to be in accordance with Repair Station requirements ensuring all parts and assemblies meet conformance.
- Set up, maintain, and operate necessary test equipment in accordance with required documentation to perform functional and operational tests of mechanical and electrical aircraft components for return to service.
- Inspect all detail parts using blueprints, component and/or overhaul manuals and other required maintenance data to ensure conformity requirements are met.
- Remove skins and related components on flight controls and secondary structure components, locate and install/reinstall parts.
- Demonstrate effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including troubleshooting, soldering and application of protective coatings.
- Maintain and utilize all required paperwork in accordance with FAA RS requirements.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Comply with all company and legislative environmental health and safety regulations.
- Lays-out, removes, fabricates and/or installs major and minor repairs to flight controls and other secondary structure components(I.E: honeycomb core sandwich construction techniques, composite repair techniques, test bench operations, hydraulic press operations, servicing carts)
- Fabricate and repair Sheetmetal and associated mechanical parts, components and/or equipment by rolling, shrinking, stretching, braking, riveting or other mechanical means.
- Remove & install APUs and perform all required APU maintenance for ALL aircraft models.
- Fabricate and repair wiring and electrical assemblies and harnesses utilizing acceptable repair and fabrication processes including splicing, soldering, and pinning of wires.
- Utilize training and tools to effectively troubleshoot complex electrical circuits and or systems during component repair process.
- Assist with training and instructing of Aircraft Component Repair I Techs.
- Resolves routine questions and problems, referring the more complex issues to higher levels.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- HS diploma/GED.
- Able to interpret blueprints, engrg docs and use precision measuring tools.
- Proficient operation of all tools/equip in the dept incl glass bead & carboblast machines.
- Must possess basic understanding of shop math.
- 2 years’ experience in one of the following or other related experience: Sheetmetal, hydraulic overhaul, electrical/electronic harness buildup, electrical systems troubleshooting, battery servicing, APU removal, installation, and servicing.